Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunt alot of public land that I am familiar with as far as deer behavior. I recently got permission from a private landowner that just happens to have the biggest buck I myself have personally seen in real life before. That being said it all happened fast and I had no time to do any preseason scouting, I took my 9 year old out there with me yesterday and I passed on a 25 yard shot because I was in the wrong spot and the shot was obstructed. I set up on a trail 4 way intersection and these 3 bucks did exactly the opposite of what I expected. To get to the point here they come right into this guys lawn and feed on acorns, there is a slough right across the road and about 8 acres of woods around the home, I'm just looking for some advice to maybe get that shot of a lifetime any words of wisdom would be great.

Thanks

· BOW ONLY!
2,591 Posts
If you know what trails they are using just set up on those early before when they are heading to the acorns and you will probably get your shot if you are patient and go undetected. Dont expect it to happen overnight, just be patient and dont hunt it if the conditions arent right.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you

Thanks for the advice. I just really want to get a crack at him especially before the rut starts, right now he is with a 4 point and a small 8 point, the landowner told me there were 2 does there also but I have not seen them yet. I forgot to mention I got there at 1 oclock yesterday and they came to feed at about 2:30. I only say that because my buddies told me I was going way to early, what do you think is that too early?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.