Archery Talk Forum banner

couldnt take blazers anymore

1278 Views 21 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  possum
just ordered some new flex-fletch HP flash vanes for lancaster and they came today, i couldnt take the new blazers any longer, like many others i was getting tired of inconsistent bases and constantly have to mess with my fletching jig just to get fetch contact, well let me tell you the flash vanes fletch like a dream i got a great off-set and full fletch contact in no time, and the bases are very consistent, now we just gotta see how they fly with my broadheads, just thought i'd share.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,376 Posts
i hate the new blazers. thise vanes bases are HUGE!. i went to the 2.2" max hunters from aae.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
theyre trying to get them to stay on the shaft better.1 of the biggest tackle mistakes I made was blazers, i went back to duravanes.

· Registered
5,563 Posts
I shot Flex Fletch for over 10 years...until I found Blazers.

Both are great vanes and I would happily shoot either but I prefer Blazers.

Unlike some of you I have never had a problem glueing Blazers but then I use slow and steady Saunders NPV which takes longer to dry but seems to work well for me.

If I ever did get I problem with Blazers back to Flex Fletch is where I would go first.

· Registered
25,353 Posts
idk what the prob is. i have blazers and love them. i have never had a blazer fall off yet. and all my arrows shoot great. but thinkin about some fobs with my next set of maxima hunters.

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the flex fletchs fletch great but dont fly nearly as good as my blazers did with my strikers, however i did try the new gateway 2" feathers and they flew great just as good as my blazers

· Registered
705 Posts
I did a lot of personal testing with fletches and started with 2" blazers then tried most of the quickspins and flex fletchs. Then duravanes and even some feathers. I wound up back to the 2" blazers but had a great time proving them to myself.

· Registered
3,350 Posts
I shot Flex Fletch for over 10 years...until I found Blazers.

Both are great vanes and I would happily shoot either but I prefer Blazers.

Unlike some of you I have never had a problem glueing Blazers but then I use slow and steady Saunders NPV which takes longer to dry but seems to work well for me.

If I ever did get I problem with Blazers back to Flex Fletch is where I would go first.
wait till you try fletching the new blazers... you will switch

· Registered
960 Posts
Yea I hate Blazers and pretty much all plastic vanes. I LOVE FEATHERS!

· Registered
5,033 Posts
I Don't have any problem putting on any blazers....Maybe you don't know how to fletch them.

· Registered
3,311 Posts
The last 2 batches of Blazer vanes I bought had lots of twisted and bent molding along the bases....I reject about 25% of them out of each batch.
The ones that were molded consistantly seem to glue on fine.
I have been tempted to try those Flash vanes by Flex Fletch.
I think someone should come out with a 2.5" higher profile vane(5.5-5.6") .

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im not claiming to be a pro fletcher of anything but i know how to work my blitzenburger and the new blazers in my opinion are poor, i loved the older ones dont get me wrong but the new ones are so inconsistent, when i buy a pack of vanes i want to beable to fletch all 36 not half the pack because their jacked up

· Registered
8,379 Posts
I love blazers...so much in fact, that the new vanes I'm shooting are the exact same thing...the Vanetec HP 2" vanes. Same weight, dimensions, and everything else as a bohning blazer...except they're quieter, and have a far superior vane base which makes fletching such a pleasure now.

I got great results with the blazers, but they did take a little more effort to fletch...with the vanetecs, there's no extra effort and I get a much prettier result.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.