Archery Talk Forum banner
22K views 167 replies 83 participants last post by  Dale_B1 
#1 ·
Hello all Archery Talkers.

If any of you purchase broadheads online through Amazon.com, Ebay.com or Alibaba.com please be sure that the actual seller is a reputable dealer and that you are purchasing the actual licensed product. There are several sellers who are offering counterfeit Flying Arrow Archery, Rage, G5, Muzzy, RamCat, Bloodsport, Dirtnap, etc. broadheads at incredibly low prices. PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY ARE FAKE.

These counterfeit heads cause problems for everyone who is a legitimate manufacturer or dealer because they are undercutting everyone's prices. The fake heads WILL NOT PERFORM like the real heads do, are less durable and can be easily identified because they come in colors that the manufacturers don't produce.

Since Amazon, Ebay and Alibaba are technically brokerage houses, they can't do anything to control what is sold through the sites or who is doing the selling.

Let's all band together to help keep our economy and the archery industry rolling! PLEASE, I IMPLORE YOU, ONLY PURCHASE BROADHEADS FROM YOUR LOCAL DEALER, CHAIN RETAILER OR DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTURER.

See less See more
#19 ·
Maybe but I also buy frosty flakes cereal. I won't steal and follow the ucmj like a champ. Obama don't pay us enough to keep a fresh stock of hypos.

#3 ·
Many of the copies are rough fakes but some are actually the same item as you are buying in the stores. It was always going to happen once some manufacturers took their production to China to reduce costs. I will not buy any of them as I don't like the ethics in what they are doing.

It is not just broadheads, it is the same with hundreds if not thousands of products, they get the patterns and technology from customers then sell the same item out the back door for the same price as they charge their customers. Makes it hard for their customers to add a profit margin.

#6 ·
I know when I bought Rage in the package online, they are different than the store. Not as good, blades rattle and the spare O-rings are packaged different

#9 ·
I don't condone chinas theft of american technology, but when an american company takes its manufacturing to china to cut cost I can't necessarily fault chinese companies for selling direct. The term "American made" is misleading for many companies. Most components are still manufactured in china, mexico, india, thailand, etc. They are simply assembled in the U.S. and sold as an american product with a mark up. This isn't every company, but there's a lot who do it. I refrain from buying most items from china due to the shipping time, description discrepancies, and return logistics. I still shoot authentic rage BHs, but when you can buy 6 for 10 bucks and they're close to the real thing, why not try them. They're likely manufactured in the same facility anyways. All of us already own a large amount of chinese made items, why not purchase the same item direct and save money.

#12 ·
The greed factor.

I was buying 6 Wasp Boss heads for $27. Company sold and new owner wants $55 for 3 heads, albeit in fancy packaging.

I went online and bought some basic looking heads for $20 for a 15 pack. Flew great. Stuck a boar hog with 1 and it annilated that pig ! Blades Ofcourse broke, but who cares ? Piled him up in 40 yards, 150 pounder.

If they can do this to a pig, they will crush a deer.

Don't believe the hype over here. More cost does not mean better quality. Chinese stuff is getting better by the day !

Frigg the greedy. Understand the patents, but money is money and we all want more bang for our buck.

Sent from my iPhone

#13 ·
I am flat out GUILTY of buying knock off broadheads. I just bought 2 dozen rage 2 blades from China. Why? Because if got them for 1/10th of what I would've paid for here in the US. That said, I'm frugal and I like a deal. They ARE the same things being sold for much more but you need to sharpen the blades. Small time investment for a great deal. I have yet to have one in the last 3 years do anything different from the real Rages I had before. I'm a hypocritic because I want American made products but at Chinese prices. I can't have it my way all the time but when it comes to something that is IDENTICAL in every way, I'm shopping from my wallet and not from the moral high ground

#15 ·
I don't do it knowingly...but would have to ask the OP...

IF these are made on the same line and sold at a MUCH lower cost....where does the US MADE mark-up come from ?
Apparently making $1 per unit Vs. $10 per unit is enough ;)

#18 ·
Nope screw that. I have fake hypos and real hypos. Their now mixed and I can't tell the diffrence. Shoot the same, kill the same just as durable. Sorry

#20 ·
It's all about greed. The company's outsource to China for a larger profit margin and then get mad that "China" sold them out and decided to sell direct. Sorry, but buying the Chicom knock-offs is greed as well. I'm as "frugal" as they come and of course it's natural to want the most for your money, but it's much better to buy American made. If we all did, we would have a much stronger economy and you'd probably even be getting paid more at your job? Pretty hard to feel sorry for the company that outsourced to China in the first place though...

#23 ·
Everything archery related has gotten ridiculous. Same with ANY sportsman type equipment. I can recall being a kid and hitting the local bait shop with $5 and getting enough tackle for two people. Now it costs $200 for a weekend of fishing. I personally blame those that will happily spend $1000.00 on fancy signature camouflage every season without batting an eye KNOWING the camo is more fashion than function. We've proven to the market that they can raise prices astronomically and we'll continue to swallow it hook, line and sinker. Broadheads are for hunting...period. Hunting should be about being self sufficient and skipping the grocery store by putting meat on our own tables. All of a sudden hunting has become the next form of Golf. Before too much longer, some folks will be run out of the sport altogether.

#26 ·
Old adage, people on a budget who like to do things for a hobby, will find a way to do hobby cheaper. That is why I buy the Allen BH from WalMart. Or wait till end of season to purchase heads when on the clearance rack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.