Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks , i have a hoyt excel 21" riser with 42 medium pse expression limbs ,sweet shooting bow ,this is all kind of new to me .
i have a t-300 rest and a Cavalier Master plunger,i was wondering when i got the center shot does the tip on the plunger supose to move ( go in) easy, i have all 3 springs with it ,i have heard that some people shoot with the spring stiff and others not so stiff ,i know it maybe a simple question ,but heck you cant learn without asking. also i have the limbs bottomed out and turned the both bolts 1 full turn,what weight do you think my bow is?

21" riser 42# medium limbs = 46# but i only have the limbs turned out one full turn...thanks folks
john gray

·
Registered
963 Posts
The different springs are used to set the plunger pressure when bare-shaft tuning. You should also be able to fine-tune the spring pressure using a set screw at the outboard end of the plunger. Once you can shoot groups consistently, you will need to shoot bare-shaft to adjust final nock point height and plunger spring tension. My plunger moves in and out very easily, but this is how it tunes with my set-up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts