Archery Talk Forum banner

Couple of Thermacell Questions

1261 Views 22 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Fulldraw_76
1. Can you use it in a ground blind without opening the windows, just shoot through mesh?

2. If you use a scented pad for 2 hours can you reuse it later for another 2hours or do you have to use a new one?

Thanks
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,313 Posts
Yes & Yes

No problems with ground blinds and as long as you see blue color u can use it youll know when its done the sketers will let you know !:wink:

· Registered
1,863 Posts
1. Can you use it in a ground blind without opening the windows, just shoot through mesh?

2. If you use a scented pad for 2 hours can you reuse it later for another 2hours or do you have to use a new one?

Thanks
1. I can not answer as I do not hunt from ground blinds but I have to say that I have breathed in plenty of fumes and never felt any harm from it. I do not purposely breath it in though. Why do you need a Thermocell if you are screened in?

2. Yes, I re use them all the time. I use them over and over until they either dont work or loose the blue color. I have ended up with extra pads galore over the last five years and need to find the Walmart isle that has the refills for curling irons that everyone keeps talking about.

· Registered
124 Posts

· Registered
2,754 Posts
I sure wouldn't use one in a blind. This isn't something to mess with and the results are not instant. You looking at messing yourself up a few years down the road and then you'll wonder what happened. Set it outside the blind and it will work just as good, if not better and you're less likely to kill yourself.

· Registered
1,234 Posts
1. I can not answer as I do not hunt from ground blinds but I have to say that I have breathed in plenty of fumes and never felt any harm from it. I do not purposely breath it in though. Why do you need a Thermocell if you are screened in?

2. Yes, I re use them all the time. I use them over and over until they either dont work or loose the blue color. I have ended up with extra pads galore over the last five years and need to find the Walmart isle that has the refills for curling irons that everyone keeps talking about.
Well, that explains it. While I was shopping in the sports area of Wally World, I noticed the curling iron refills on the shelf and thought it kinda weird for it being in the sports section. Guess that means the fuel cartridges from the curling iron will fit the Thermacell. That's good to know!! :wink:

· Registered
1,699 Posts
The refils are available on line from Thermacell in Packs of 2 or packs of 12 on the cylinders and in a pack of 10 cylinders with 30 pads for the heavy users. To find the 12 packs of cylinders you have to look in the curling iron section on the Thermacell web site.

This is for all you folks in the same situation I am in-----My Walmart does not carry the curling irons or the refills for them.

Hope this helps someone.

Marc:darkbeer::):darkbeer:

· Registered
302 Posts
all these guys are right, and you can buy just the fuel.

thermacell should sponsor me. i hafta use 3 every time i go huntin up until November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.