Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot the April Fools Shoot yesterday with ,BoBob,EROS ,Nockbuster11.We just met Nockbuster11 yesterday .Great guy and a real good shot .The April fools shoot you get a sock with different color pennies,in it .What ever Pennie you draw that's the stake you shoot from .There also a black Pennie if you get it you can take the other guys stake .We all had a great time or I should say Bob and Dakota had a good time taking our short stake shots ,All in fun :cry:. springlake 001.jpg springlake 002.jpg springlake 012.jpg springlake 014.jpg springlake 019.jpg

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
springlake 028.jpg springlake 031.jpg springlake 034.jpg springlake 030.jpg springlake 035.jpg We even got a pic on Dave ,and Archer the owners of the range .The weather was great ,we all had a good time and it was nice meeting Dakota.Everyone is always asking how you get your AT names I know how Dakota got his the hard way .In the brown bear target I shot the 14 first (bad but great scoring shot 42 yrd's ) Bob and Dakota shot the other 2 =14's and darn if he didn't bust my nock.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It was great shootin with yall cant wait to get up and do it again.haha and sorrry bout your favorite arrow!!these are some great pics thanks.

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing to be sorry about ,It happens all the time .Dakota you more than welcome to shoot with us anytime .It was a pleasure meeting and shooting with you .We all hope to do it again real soon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
sounds great to me hopefully staunton river on sat?its always nice to find people to shoot with bc its hard to come by now everyone always backs out.if people only knew how much fun it is!!!plus the people you enjoy it with make it all that much better

·
NC ASA Director
36,016 Posts
^^^ Great bunch of guys to shoot with right here!

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Great pictures John.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
That sounds like a great shoot! If you dont mind, may I "steal" the penny idea to give to a local club? The have a shoot the last weekend of march each year, and are always looking to get more people to attend the shoots. This might be a way to get more people on the range.

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why not use the idea ,it was a lot of fun .Just watch out for Dakota and Bob they will get you just about every time.I took it from Dakota on the 2nd target and I payed it back all after noon .You could count on it if I drew the white Pennie that one of them would wind up with it .Plus they took it from one another a lot also .It was all in good fun .

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Why not use the idea ,it was a lot of fun .Just watch out for Dakota and Bob they will get you just about every time.I took it from Dakota on the 2nd target and I payed it back all after noon .You could count on it if I drew the white Pennie that one of them would wind up with it .Plus they took it from one another a lot also .It was all in good fun .
You know I didn't think I would enjoy this format at first but it was really fun. I had some 10-15. Yard shots and even a few 5 yarders than again I had a 45 yard shot on the large deer and somehow found the 12 on it.
For those who don't know John-In-VA is the guy in the blue sweat shirt with the orange and white hat in the pictures. Thanks again for the pics John.

·
Registered
663 Posts
For those who don't know John-In-VA is the guy in the blue sweat shirt with the orange and white hat in the pictures. Thanks again for the pics John.
That's a good looking hat John-In-VA has on. At least I think that is one of mine.

If EROS would learn to stand on the proper side of the bow he could probably shoot a lot better. :) I hate I missed it again this year, but me, Wesley, and Roger didn't get back from hog hunting until late last night. Hopefully I get to Springlake soon. I don't believe I've gotten to shoot it this year.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Glad we didn't shoot today. I'm still tired from kicking the picker bush.

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your welcome Bob ,I like taking pic's at the shoots .I also like looking at pic's from other shoots .

Ya Ben that's one of your hats ,I have to say it a real conferable hat ,I love the way it feels .

So how did you guy's do on your hog hunt ?I hope better than last year .

Like Bob I was thinking that I wouldn't like than format for a shoot .But it was a lot of fun you could tell what Pennie everyone drew by the look on there face .We all took turns taking each other stake ,except EROS I dont think he got a close one all day ,and never a black one .
That was Saturday it started snowing yesterday and today we have about 6-7" of snow on the ground .

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats on the hog's .I only hope Wesleys was bigger than last years .
I have always wanted to shoot the jamboree shoot .I would love to shoot the jug's .I might have to take the day off this year .

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
It went really well. I killed 2, Roger killed 2 and Wesley killed 1. Travis is going to cook them at the jamboree in September so we should be eating good as usual.
That jamboree was fun last year. Looking forward to it again.

·
Registered
663 Posts
That jamboree was fun last year. Looking forward to it again.
We're already planning it. We had some complaints about using C range last year because of the walking so we may do 2 ranges with one being a toughman kind of shoot. I'm sure Wesley will come up with something fun.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts