Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What course of action do I have if I purchased something from an AT member with a US Postal money order and have yet to receive the product?

· Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has only been a couple weeks but the person said they had a confirmation number of when it was sent and has yet to get it to me. When you pay for something you would expect to receive it in a timely manner. I don't have a problem with the time just that they said it has been shipped and has promised a confirmation number a while ago but nothing yet.

· Registered
2,697 Posts
Has he been in contact with you? My reason for asking is that I sold a bow here on AT and sent it USPS and it took over 3 weeks to get there. I was in contact with the seller daily and it did eventually get there.

If there is no contact I would contact a moderator immediately.

· Banned
3,174 Posts
Has he been in contact with you? My reason for asking is that I sold a bow here on AT and sent it USPS and it took over 3 weeks to get there. I was in contact with the seller daily and it did eventually get there.

If there is no contact I would contact a moderator immediately.
Exactly. If he is dodging your PM's or calls, then there is a need to start worrying. If he is constantly in contact with you, and is just as (or more) worried than you, then give it a little while to get to you. I would contact AdvanTimberLou, and see if he has had any problems with the member. He will do EVERYTHING in his power to help you out. No matter what the classifieds problem, Lou should be the first course of action. Good Luck.

· Registered
7,448 Posts
I am more agressive. I would send a certified or registered notice and demand letter to his address. Give him how ever many days from receipt of the letter to make this right. Then if he fails to cooperate then download and copy all transactions and communications, pull up his states small claims court rules and file a suit. He will lose and he will owe you what was promised plus all costs incurred to you. Now you have a judgement to which you can file a lien and then levy his personal accounts and funds, if need be. Dont put up with this crap.

I had a guy do this with a bow. However I payed with a credit card through paypal. After two weeks I did a chargeback. The bank took over and as far as I know sued him. You have recourse if he doesnt come through.

· Registered
686 Posts
i use paypal.. at least you can track downthe person.. and get personal info.. Its not safe but a money order is just like handing someone cash.. no no.

· Registered
2,919 Posts
unfortunately I think it's between you and the seller -- don't think there is much AT can do about it

that's why I like Pay Pal -- better for both seller (they get money right away and don't have to worry about counterfeit M/O's) and buyer (they have a record of the transaction and can go through Pay Pal for refund/action if there is a problem

· Registered
435 Posts
I would't wait too long, USPS Priority Mail only takes 2-3 days anywhere in the country, if it's taking more than a week I and you have stopped hearing from him I would start to get alittle worried.

· Registered
686 Posts
please.. the post office is gonna say.. ok you bought a money order... and you sent it out.. what we gotta do with the decision you made with it? OR is a postal money order something different then a regular money order? maybee i just an confused.

· Registered
803 Posts
The whole court thing is a long shot. The judge is going to tell you that its buyer beware, on this one. Hopefully it wasn't to much money... Good luck. had the same thing happen to me on ebay, a little bit more money though. a couple grand.

· Registered
3,729 Posts
please.. the post office is gonna say.. ok you bought a money order... and you sent it out.. what we gotta do with the decision you made with it? OR is a postal money order something different then a regular money order? maybee i just an confused.
Postal money order is alot diff than a bank mo, postal is a government thing, i only ship postal mo now just cause there is more you can do with them

· She's baaaaack!!!!
20,602 Posts
You may be surprised at what AT..........................or rather it's membership can get done. :zip:

Like others have said it can sometimes take longer than it should. I sent a bow to a guy in Cali and I got nervous. Especially since I sent it wasn't mine but I sent it as a favor!

First contact a Mod here on AT and give him details. He'll contact the seller.
The main thing is to get things worked out so you get your product. I don't think anyone should be burned at the stake over a delay whether it was their fault or shipper's. So let's NOT rush to judgment!

When all else fails go public on AT and maybe someone can help that knows him..................or the address! :wink:

· Banned
3,174 Posts
Postal money order is alot diff than a bank mo, postal is a government thing, i only ship postal mo now just cause there is more you can do with them
Me too. All my deals are Postal MO. I don't trust a guy behind a computer to get my money back from another guy behind a computer. If a guy has flawless feedback, and communicates with me on the phone or gives me an address that I can check out I will not hesitate to send a MO.

· Registered
686 Posts
i dont think it matters.. man you can get a govt loan and they dont care if you lose the money in a bad deal. NOW A CERTIFIED CHECK IS DIFFERENT!.. you get the bank he deposited it to and all the info!.. Cause you get a returned check!

· Registered
3,729 Posts
i dont think it matters.. man you can get a govt loan and they dont care if you lose the money in a bad deal. NOW A CERTIFIED CHECK IS DIFFERENT!.. you get the bank he deposited it to and all the info!.. Cause you get a returned check!
A money order is far from a loan you already paid for the MO

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.