Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
NAlabama
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys/gals think the Covid 19 factory shutdowns will affect the 2021 bows? Anyone hearing anything?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
How do you guys/gals think the Covid 19 factory shutdowns will affect the 2021 bows? Anyone hearing anything?
From a business stand point they may be better off waiting another year for new models.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
was kinda curious on everyone's thoughts on whether or not the covid will affect the release and production on the 2021 bows .

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I think this is an opportunity for them to stop with all the incremental changes and give their engineers time to work on something legitimately different.

It'll probably just go back to "business as usual", though.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just curious what time of year the new models typically get released? Just starting to get back into archery and never really paid attention to when new bows come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Just curious what time of year the new models typically get released? Just starting to get back into archery and never really paid attention to when new bows come out.

Usually around Oct or Nov

Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Bowtech did or will shortly release a new bow called the guardian. Saw a pic last night at the shop.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Bowtech did or will shortly release a new bow called the guardian. Saw a pic last night at the shop.
Hmm...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
look under the bowtech threads ... there is a pic of the bow....

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,536 Posts
I would hardly call it a "new" bow based on what I've seen. It's just a special edition Realm with diff limb graphics (and yokes, not the deadlock). No real innovation or design had to go into that bow.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,536 Posts
I think this is an opportunity for them to stop with all the incremental changes and give their engineers time to work on something legitimately different.

In theory your first comment has merit but practically speaking it won't happen. Why? Because the brands will want to fight for the demand that's out there and know they need to offer something that is perceived as being "new" to get many to pay for a new bow. I doubt, however, that we'll see anything substantive - just minor tweaks to existing designs and most likely won't be any better than what's already out there.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I think it really comes down to how much product they may already have made or in process from the yearly projections along with how much R&D time that was lost from being closed down.
I could see several companies having delayed releases or possibly bringing some of the new ideas out in the current models. With the time delay it may be easier to change up the current model, new cam, colors, integrated rest option, etc than proofing out a new riser design, new limbs, etc.
There may be some companies that had mid year releases planed that will now become 2021 models instead.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
talking to a rep don't expect new flagship bows from at least one manufacturer

·
Registered
24,151 Posts
2020 has been a very unprecedented year for sure in many ways. From an archery standpoint, the 20 lineup was really just ramping up from the ATA show season after the late fall introductions. Then the quarantine hit and most of the makers either shut down or went on skeleton crew for several weeks. Same with their dealer network, with bow orders to fill and no supply source. So now it is mid-July and folks who have disposable income.....and that is likely a smaller subset than "normal"....are deciding if they want to buy an almost year old design or wait a few months for what might be offered....while hoping there is not another "spike" or upsurge to restrict things a second time. Here in MI, our dominating governor gave another edict a week ago for mandatory masks in all public indoor locations....plus some outdoor situations.....$500 fine for a violation. A stop-gap mandate on renter protection during the quarantine expired yesterday. so folks who have not been paying rent can be evicted....that will NOT be pretty.

Many states are talking seriously of not reopening schools this fall and figuring out what that is going to look like. Some states did not allow out of state hunters for spring turkey season and that very well could extend into the fall for deer and elk. Those who had deposits for a spring bear hunt in Canada were told to stay home....which is overlapping with fall moose/deer seasons. Whether one considers this all a hoax or conspiracy theory or our current reality....all that and more will likely factor into new design releases for the fall and into 21.

·
Registered
486 Posts

You are absolutely correct.
They should use this time to develop something more groundbreaking,but they'll use it as a reason to move older inventory, at full MSRP.
Then back to the "add a washer here,maybe some different paint there" and call it new and improved,and charge $300 more for it.

·
Just thwackin' it.
7,214 Posts
I think it may delay the release, and I don't expect a revamp from most of the mfg's. I expect maybe small changes in each lineup, maybe a new bow model or two, and instead of October release, more like January.

I took a poll recently with NABA and the majority of dealers agree they would rather see a January release date than the usual Oct-Nov timeframe anyway. I don't know what effect this will have on the industry.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I would say most of the companies had their 2021 models designed and wrapped up before COVID ever hit.
I think the only question will be how much 2020 stock (risers,cams, etc..) they have built up that they want to get rid of first.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts