Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened to be watching some outdoors channel yesterday and this guy had what I thought was a good suggestion for getting out of your stand while deer were near. He suggested taking a coyote howler with you and if the deer are in a position where they would bust you as you were leaving, give the call a few howls and it'll chase the deer away, allowing you to get out of the field unnoticed. Has anyone ever used this technique? I'm curious as to whether it really works or not.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've done this several times. I just howl with my mouth. The older deer cleared the field but 2 little fawns actually started coming closer, curious about the noise. Can't imagine they survived very long.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I was actually considering taking my electric predator call with me, staging it away from the stand for this very purpose. You can burn a field stand out very quickly getting seen climbing down out of a tree.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I get this issue lots as a hunt a lot of fields. I normally just text my wife to come get me with the ATV. Seams if i just walk out the day time action stops, but if she comes and gets me with the ATV it don't seam to bother them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts