Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have never hunted for coyotes before and i know i have a bunch behind the house. whats the best way to go about hunting them ? i will be bow hunting them , but do you bait them or something? i have never seen one while hunting, just a lot of tracks, and i hear them at night.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Call them.

Get a screaming rabbit or fawn call. You will only get a couple of chances before they figure you out.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Predator masters is a great forum. There are alot of great guys there and you can pick up some usefull information there. Not much bashing there either.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
jigga,
Welcome to Archery Talk! :welcome:

I do not recommend bowhunting coyotes...especially, if you've never hunted them before. :nod: A centerfire rifle or shotgun would be the prefered weapons, as coyotes are tough customers to kill and are always on the move.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but you're going to educate some coyotes before you kill any with a bow. Once they're on to the fact that they're being hunted, they're going to be a whole lot harder to call the second time...if they come in at all. :fear:

+1 for the Predator Masters Forums. A lot of good reading to be had there. :thumb:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Registered
501 Posts
yes a .22 will kill yotes. Its not ideal but it will work if you head shoot them and are close enough.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just curious, but what do most of you do with them after you shoot them? I hear of so many people that have them as a major issue on their farm.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
We usually make a trip down to the farm in Feb or so for yote's. I use a .223 and use a rabbit distress call most of the time. I give them to a kid down the road that pelts them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts