Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone eat coyote meat? I heard someone say something about it once and the other day I heard someone say that you can't eat it. I was just wondering if you do eat it or if its even good or not

·
Registered
828 Posts
You can't be serious?... :pukey:

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to say it but I am serious. I mean I can understand why you wouldn't but it got me thinking

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
kung pao dog never tried it let me know how that turns out for ya

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you do with the meat? Just toss it?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I really dont put the word coyote and meat together

·
Archer
8,649 Posts
W........T........H???? :mg:

Coyote meat should really only be eaten in emergencies. But for the record it tastes slightly worse than human meat and slightly better than snow geese. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
The coyotes have to eat too.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Not to sound inhumane or cruel but yeah toss it... To me, coyote hunting is a blood sport unless you go after the pelt... and really by killing them you're also doing ranchers a favor by preventing them from eating their livestock, especially new calves.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
A coyote is a dog. Dogs are people pets. Do you want to eat someones pet dog??? haha, best I could come up with. Wouldn't put a yote anywhere near my mouth

·
Registered
955 Posts
are you crazy?

Dude,I have ate alot of wild game but the thought of eating a maingie yote has never entered into my brain as meat!I call in and blast and leave,they are stinky, nasty little dogs.I figure the rest need something to eat!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
You guys have obviously never read the journals of the Lewis and Clark expedition. They preferred dog meat over elk or deer:eek: and traded for them from the indians throughout there journey. I have never eaten it but I am sure it is edible though probably a bit tough and greasy.

·
Registered
849 Posts
You know what , your statement is uncalled for and down right offensive . We have some Asian members on this site , and you should be ashamed of yourself !

I guess toss it or find a local asian family to give it to. I here it tastes like chicken!

·
Registered
61 Posts
covote meat

coyotes/dogs and pets?? Come on - you/we all hold such loathing for the beasts I would hope that we would not stoop to be so inconsistant as to compare the coyote to man's best friend (by the way I do love my dog more than is natural). That being said (and after loosing two goats to the little devils last spring) I will be hunting them soon and I have been wondering the same thing - how they will taste. Two things might inspire me to try it (make that 3). One - I have this basic belief in eating what I kill (short of a midnight intruder on meth). Two - If you read accounts of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, you can find references to the fact that they condidered dog to be one of their favorite meals (when they had had enough elk and deer etc.), which I find interesting (I have this info from a friend who is a history buff - not first hand - so maybe it's BS but I doubt it). Three - I tried grey squirrel as sort of a bet and it was really good (good enough that I have repeated the recipe several times since - so you never know until you try). If I get to it (and I hope to) I will give you all a report. Bon apetite

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Just think! You too can eat an animal that scavenges and eats dead animals! Yummy! Nothing like eating a filthy animal! WoaH! Listen, the coyotes are calling! DINNER TIME!!!

1 - 20 of 138 Posts