1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would put my $ on wolf

·
Registered
430 Posts
The coloration looks more wolf-like than coyote like (dark bands and contrast on face). The muzzle seems much more pointed, which screams coyote to me. The coat is pretty long and thick, which generally leans toward wolf, but I see your from canada, and I would imagine the coyotes up there are larger with much heavier coats than what I'm used to seeing. Honestly, its pretty tough to tell. I think I'm going to go with wolf.

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
It's a wolf... no doubt about it.

·
BIG FRANK....
8,522 Posts
Wolf.

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
Wolf! I have seen hundreds of coyotes and the white under the neck in the pictures would be a wolf in my opinion.

·
Registered
656 Posts
100% wolf

·
Registered
399 Posts
wolf.
Pretty one, too.
Wish it had gotten closer (only cuz I was watching through YouTube and aren't carrying the 9)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
100% wolf

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
No one can be certain from that video. The people saying “100% wolf” are basing that off of the color alone. It certainly does have wolf like markings, but color means nothing. It’s not all that uncommon to see a coyote marked like a wolf. As StringMusic16 mentions, it also has some features that make it appear to be a coyote. I would lean towards wolf myself, but without some sort of size reference it’s just impossible to say.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
No one can be certain from that video. The people saying “100% wolf” are basing that off of the color alone. It certainly does have wolf like markings, but color means nothing. It’s not all that uncommon to see a coyote marked like a wolf. As StringMusic16 mentions, it also has some features that make it appear to be a coyote. I would lean towards wolf myself, but without some sort of size reference it’s just impossible to say.
I was going on color and the size of the head...never seen a coyote with a head that large.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts