Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My inlaws (my choice hunting spot) is being infiltrated by coyote. Rumors among the other farming nieghbors bring the total to about 5-6. One has been shot already. Cool thing is we can hunt then 365 days 24/7. We can bait as well. I need to get rid of them fast. Does anybody have any experience getting a coyote out in the open?? If you do please let me know what is best for drawing them out.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Have you thought about getting the distress calls made to lure predators?

Can get cassette tapes and play them in special players and speakers to get them out.

I have not used them because I don'thuntthem, but I know people who have. Seemed to work pretty good.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Since last year i've really been getting into the predator calling. I went to the local sportsman shop and bought a rabbit-in-distress and managed to call in one yote. Now i'v only hunted them after midnight so i'm not so sure how daylight would work out but it sounds like you've got a good population so i would suggest either a bait pile or attempt to call. Trapping might also be the ticket to getting rid of them.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Alright I will tell you a way to get rid of them. Fry some bacon and leave all the grease in the pan. Get some regular 3x5 sponges that you would use around the house. dip them good in the grease, tie a piece of cotton string around the sponge so it looks like a hotdog. Hang it from a tree branch. You will see less coyote's in a few weeks.
OR
You can call them in and shoot them.

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
buckmark23 said:
Alright I will tell you a way to get rid of them. Fry some bacon and leave all the grease in the pan. Get some regular 3x5 sponges that you would use around the house. dip them good in the grease, tie a piece of cotton string around the sponge so it looks like a hotdog. Hang it from a tree branch. You will see less coyote's in a few weeks.
OR

less coyotes but many many more bears ....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bears

sean said:
less coyotes but many many more bears ....
I dont believe anyone has seen any bear in this area.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
buckmark23 said:
OR
I forgot about that trick...I like the idea. I will post a followup.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
You will never get rid of coyotes. Once they appear, they are here to stay. Many studies have shown that when the coyote population becomes low in an area, through hunting or trapping, the species produces more young. Might as well consider them another resource of recreation. Hunt them, trap them and enjoy the yips and howells of an evening serenade. They have tried and failed miserably to control coyotes out west for 150 years and it will be no different here in the east.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
GreggWNY said:
You will never get rid of coyotes. Once they appear, they are here to stay. Many studies have shown that when the coyote population becomes low in an area, through hunting or trapping, the species produces more young. Might as well consider them another resource of recreation. Hunt them, trap them and enjoy the yips and howells of an evening serenade. They have tried and failed miserably to control coyotes out west for 150 years and it will be no different here in the east.
I agree with ya, they are not going away:cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts