Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
I really like my super scope. I am using a super scope NE 1 5/8. I have been very very very happy with it. I am using their glow ring and 4 power lense. Get one, you like it!!!:D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Scope

Brad,
I really like the CR scopes. Super sturdy and open top for letting light in. I shoot a 1 3/8" they also make a 1 3/4". This scope will fit every sight made but locks on to a CBE sight really well.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I don't think Shrewd can be beat. Limitless options. The thing I like about it the most is my up pin is infront of my lens and I can take the lens out and shoot without it and not affect my marks. Also I like the way it locks down on a CBE sight you don't have to worry about it moving. Very easy to work on this scope you can change the level in about 10 seconds if you need too as well.
Worth every penny.:) Oh yeah I think the CR is better between the CR. and a Super Scope. I don't like my lens being held in by some nylon screws. I have broken a couple of those screws off and it's not fun trying to get the broken thread out.. CR built much better.IMHO

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am using APEX target with F.V. Examplar lens. with CR scope you can install the lens at either the far end or near end of the housing. several positions to install fiber. I used to use beiter original. it's good. but the view is a little dark for me at indoor.
try them with your bow and sight.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
The CR is an excellent scope. Hard to beat precision machined aluminum housings with interchangeable lenses. I'll be shooting one myself this coming season.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I love my super scope I have never had a problem with it and thier are a lot of great shooters that shoot them. I will have one as will the rest of the wilde bunch. I know that Dave C and Braden all shoot them last year at the worlds.

Reo Wilde

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
god, you guys are killing me. I know DC and Braden shoots a super scope, which is what got me into thinking about one. Then I know Jim uses CR. Tony Tazza uses CR, Nathan Brooks, Jimmy Butts and Eric Griggs use CR. What do you shoot GRIV? Wish I could try one of each. I currently shoot a black eagle as DC used to but they are not made anymore and I think I want to go down in power to a 2 or 3x for indoors.

·
Registered
814 Posts
There is alot of good scopes out there. I use a Classic for 3-d and a Titan for indoors. I think it more important to have good GLASS
in you scope, the right power and the right fiber or ring or dot. Also the right size for the job. JMO

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
No comparison.

To me it's funny anyone would compare a precision machined CR to a junk plastic Super scope.

Of course the CR comes with FV lense of your choice.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
240 Posts
To me its funny someone would call a scope used by some of the names above "junk":rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Junk?

If you had one blow to pieces during a tourney, what would you call it?

I tell it like I see it!

I know lots of people use them with success, good for them.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
never had experience with CR, but i really love my super scope, it is a really nice one.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Your probably right Yankee.
I prefer the super scope indoors and have one of the older CRs without the cutout I prefer outdoors. I see alot of difference in the brightness of the lens between the two indoors (using the same lens). The NE being brighter.
Has anyone compared the brightness between the CR with cutout too to the super scopes indoors?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts