Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a hair crack on the bottom of the fork on the top limb on my Martin Phantom Magnum bow yesterday. I went to the local archery shop and they said that it will take 3 months to get a set of new bow limb ship up to Saskatchewan, Canada. I am plan on going out for archery moose next weekend. Do you think it is OK for me to keep using my bow ??? Would it blow up on me ?? It is a very small crack on the limb. Can I keep using it and just keep my eyes on it in case of the crack get worst ?? Thank you. I hate to miss my annual moose hunt.

·
Registered
322 Posts
3 months from washington to Sask... I would be looking for another dealer or phone martin directly.. Courier over night..3-4 days.

Depending on the nature of the crack is whether I would shoot it or not.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good question

Are you sure the limb is cracked and not just the paint.I had the same thing happen. After talking to the manafacturer, they had me email a picture. It was only a hairline crack in the paint, not in the limb material. I know this may not help much but thought you might check it out as it will put a damper on your upcoming hunt.
I would call them and see if they can do the same for you.

·
Registered
283 Posts
ONe more thing

If it is an actual crack...I would NOT shoot it. It really all depends on what you value more, the moose or your eyeballs.

Its a pretty risky gamble.

·
Registered
603 Posts
JustinKansas said:
I had the same thing happen. After talking to the manafacturer, they had me email a picture. It was only a hairline crack in the paint, not in the limb material. I would call them and see if they can do the same for you.
They could tell this from a photo?!:eek:

3L

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
my bow cracked on target 26 2 saturdays ago. The pro I was shooting with said to keep going..It shot 5-6" low for the next 4 targets. I finished third by one point. Mine had a crack that I broke off and it went all the way to the cam. It was about 1/2 inch wide.:mg: I dropped the bow off where I bought it and it was back to me friday. 5 day turn around...I would call and raise hell with someone at Martin if I was you.:teeth:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Limbs

No 1 Archery in Regina Sask. is the biggest Martin Distributer in Canada . They should have any thing you may need . Phone Kerry at 1-306-352-9055. I am sure she can help you.

Mach 10:teeth:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts