Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Three days ago, I got my bow restrung, new string, leeches, peep, and bow tune. Took the bow home without inspecting it. Shot it about 10 times. Wife says "is that a crack on your bow?". Crap!!! Called the proshop. They said it's common with the 05 Allegiance and a few other bows. They said that they didn't do it, and I have no reason to not believe them (other than their practice of drawing bows without an arrow nocked). So, it's going to be 2-3 weeks before I get it back.

Now, my question. Is it common practice in pro shops to draw back bows without an arrow nocked? They wanted me to do it to adjust my peep, and I refused to unless I had an arrow nocked in the target range. Just wondering if I'm overly paranoid.

On the upside, my oldest boy, 3 in Nov, shot a Diamond Nuclear Ice. That was sweet. I told him maybe he'll get it for his birthday. He is now telling people about shooting his "new" bow. Uh oh:).

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
Where was the crack? Usually they cracked down the center starting at the cam from limb twist....

I am on my 4th set of limbs didn't take more than a week to get it back... Bowtech will overnight the limbs to the shop most of the time.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
No , it's not common practice at our shop.

We ALWAYS have an arrow nocked when we draw any bow. Even when we are just checking the poundage.

·
One Shot
9,181 Posts
Where was the crack? Usually they cracked down the center starting at the cam from limb twist....

I am on my 4th set of limbs didn't take more than a week to get it back... Bowtech will overnight the limbs to the shop most of the time.
Wow! how much hunt time has that cost you?

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts

We ALWAYS have an arrow nocked when we draw any bow. Even when we are just checking the poundage.

And that's the way it should be.:thumbs_up

The local Mathews shop does not nock an arrow before drawing bow back. Drives me crazy to see that.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Yea, I had some earlier BowTechs that had limb problem and an 05 Ally was one of them.

No, I think most shops are going to put you infront of a bag with an arrow loaded to have you draw. D loops brea, releases sometimes malfunction --accidents are call accidents because they weren't meant to happen.

·
Registered
683 Posts

Same here, you can never be too safe with someone else's equipment and I feel like if I would never draw my bow without an arrow nocked the I would never draw your bow without an arrow nocked

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was waiting for them to slip and hear the crack. By the way, the crack was vertical near the limb silencer. It wasn't huge, but was peeling back the layers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts