Archery Talk Forum banner

cracker

1K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  chrismcd77 
#1 ·
curious of what it cost for cracker to tune

#3 ·
I am wondering as well. Some of the older posts have a phone number for his shop in MO. I suppose I will give them a call tomorrow, if someone doesn't answer.

#6 ·
He builds strings and tunes bows. Look up my thread "Who is Crackers". I got my D350 from him and he's a great guy, and while I am not officially "Crackerized" because I'm running stock strings my bow is tuned very very well. The price you got to get from Crackers, cause it veries so much. But it may not be as bad as you think.

#7 ·
Plan on spending $150 on strings and tune..... If you don't have to spend that much...... Then you'll be pleasantly surprised. And btw... He has done three of mine...... Worth every penny.

#8 ·
If you're wanting just a tune, I think it was $40. But, if you buy a custom set of strings, then the tune is included in with that price. If you buy a dozen arrows, I think he'll tune the bow to those arrows also. It's not as bad as you think. I got custom strings and tuned from him for right around $100 if I remember right...might be $20 more than that, but it wasn't as much as you'd think it would be.

#12 ·
Crackers aka Mike Carter is a string maker and bow tuner. PM him or call his shop for a price. It varys. He'll slap on a fresh set of 452x and tune your bow like it was his own. He has done a couple bows for me and i was very pleased each time.

#14 ·
I just called Carter's archery yesterday and spoke with a really nice lady. I am shipping my bow to them on Aug. 8, 2011 to be Crackerized!! Can't wait. They will give you a RMA# and a date to ship. $150.00 + shipping will get you a new string, cables and tuned.

#20 ·
BS. Mikes strings are almost worth the price alone. And then he tunes it and its perfection. Have ever had Mike do your bow? If not then your statement is full of holes.

#24 ·
probably should give it a few days as I am sure Mikes pm numbers are pretty high each day..and its hard to get to everyone of them in one day..whatever the cost is it will be money well spent..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.