Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God...It seems like i have been waiting a life time to get this bow to Mike!!He is a super nice guy with tons of knowledge...................but how long do you guys wait?????????????I have been on his list since middle May!!!

·
Broke and Happy
5,001 Posts
Call me stupid but what in the world is Crackerized????????? I keep seeing it and I keep trying to figure out what the heck it means!!!!!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
me too...and who is Mike?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crackerized.....is what Mike Carter(crackers)...calls his bow tuning process when it's done.Mike is a wizard at bow tuning according to everyone on AT.After speaking with him i beleive he is,however the wait................well that's another thing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If it wasn't worth the wait, the list wouldn't be that long. Crackers is a busy guy right now. He's got people around the country sending him bows on top of his local customers. He's also in the process of building a new pro shop and working out of his basement, so quarters are cramped. This is why he's got the list. Otherwise, he'd have a warehouse of bows to work on. He'll get to you, but realize there are a lot of people wanting the same and he's only one guy. There's only so much Crackers mojo to go around in a day, but it's worth it when your time comes.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My wait for the Trykon was about 3 to 4 weeks. My Tribute took 3 weeks and I bought it from him. Mike's work is one of the best out there. Yes it worth the wait. :smile: I just started early before everybody started thinking of the hunting season and flooded Mike with work. This man will work all hours of the night :sleep: just to get you bow done. Plus he dose have people that walk in that take time also. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had my Outback Crackerized,and it is worth the wait and more!!I shot my best 3-d score ever 1 week after getting it back and my confidence is awsome this year.Just give Mike some time you won't be dissapointed!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well worth the wait!

I am one of those local customers and I visit him often. I have been there when he has shipped bows to Hawaii, Australia, and Germany to name a few. So if he has this kind of customer range I think it goes without saying. In the end you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'm like the other guy. Call me stupid..........

But just how much tuning can make a bow so great?

I mean, I've got a great bow guy here in town, what would make me dismiss him and get crackered? Is this mainly for 3-d archery?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or argumentative, cause I just don't know what else could be done to a bow, to want or have the need to send a bow off.

·
Registered
925 Posts
first, Mike builds a very nice set of strings and cables for your bow. He installs them, times and tunes them. then he takes your arrow (which you sent him) and tunes the bow. to the arrow. He will tweak a bit to get the most out of the bow and arrow combo. all this for way less than buying WC strings and installing them yourself.

Is it worth the wait, you need to decide for yourself. Just don't send him a bow right before season or right before a tournament.

Mike has done 2 bows for me, but I can drive there and drop off/pick up, which saves some time and money.

macatac

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
now I will be waiting until after the season, but how does one size up for "Crackerization"?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mike did my Trykon back in Feb. and I have not had to do anything to it. The strings have not moved or stretched one bit. The bow came back quieter and faster then when I sent it to him. I can group field points and broadheads out to 50 yards and that is what tells me how good my bow is tuned. Mike is a very nice guy to talk to on the phone, just be patient, he is very busy and sometimes it takes a while for him to answer emails or return calls.

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Carter's Custom strings

He starts with custom strings/cable that he builds and pre-stretches. The stretching process takes some time but it is very interesting to watch it all in action. Once the strings are finished and installed, the bow is tuned and optimized for performance and speed. He finds the "sweet spot" that every bow has that is just trying to show itself.

Here is a pic of my Bowtech Tribute that I have had for about 3 weeks. The peep sight has not twisted or moved one bit. It stays perfectly straight from brace to full draw.

P.S. I have been lucky enough to call Mike and Gale Carter my friends for nearly 20 years. They are good honest people.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I have been on the list since the first of June.

I can not even imagine how busy he is with his new shop, local customers, and bows from around the world.

That must tell you something about his work.

I was wanting for him to setup my Pearson Gen II before deer season this year. But that is not going to happen. So now I am going to send him my Martin Razor X that has been sitting in my closet for over a year :darkbeer:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Stupid question:
Can a finger shooters' bow be "Crackerized"?

·
Registered
646 Posts
My turn

Does anyone have info for Mike. I have two bows that I would like to see what he can do with them.

·
Broke and Happy
5,001 Posts
What about tuning for broadheads? can you send him an arrow and have the bow tuned to fit your broadheads???? Once again how much $$$$$ are we talking to get CRACKERIZED!

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
RnRLobsta said:
God...It seems like i have been waiting a life time to get this bow to Mike!!He is a super nice guy with tons of knowledge...................but how long do you guys wait?????????????I have been on his list since middle May!!!

Call me stupid but why don't ya give Javi a hollar, I mean what ever mike can do so can Javi, Javi just doesn't brag about it. So be the first to get your bow Javizide.. You won't regret it either.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts