Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Crackerized Strother Inspire arrived yesterday. The fit and finish are top notch. The draw is aggressive, but very smooth with no humps. It transitions smoothly into a rather short valley with a rock solid wall. The quietest and most dead in hand bow I've ever shot is my friends General, However, after shooting them side by side, the Inspire is just a quiet. It's about as dead in hand as anything I've shot, but can't quite match the general in that regard. The bow holds good and I was shooting it well in short order. The grip is narrow and feel good. The bow is 30 inch and a 55-65 pounder maxed out at 65.2 pounds. My chrony showed 299-301 with a 391 grain Axis n-fused, however, the lighting for the chrony was crummy yesterday and figure may not be exact. I think those still waiting will be happy. The cable silencer's seen in photos were not installed when these observations were made. Thanks go out to Mike and Gail at Carter's Archery, they are a class act!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the same b- stinger, it seems to hold noticably better for me than my destroyer 340. I'm 6'4 and the longer axle to axle really seems to help me hold on target better. The bow seems very forgiving as well, just shot a 60 yard group between downpours and can already tell this bow is a shooter!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
11,379 Posts
With the same b- stinger, it seems to hold noticably better for me than my destroyer 340. I'm 6'4 and the longer axle to axle really seems to help me hold on target better. The bow seems very forgiving as well, just shot a 60 yard group between downpours and can already tell this bow is a shooter!:darkbeer:
Thats what i was hoping to hear.

I would like to shoot one of these!

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
That bow is the bow to get this year.Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Good looking bow. Congrats to ya.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
sweet looking rig

·
Transplant from Dakota
1,520 Posts
Very nice. Mine impresses me every time I take it out. Congrats.

Bill

·
Anti Fanboy
41,520 Posts
Nice looking bow and a good short review. No doubt that one is on my short list of bows to demo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts