Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here...just a few weeks...and I keep seeing "crackerized". What does crackerized mean? I'd appreciate someone enlightening me. Thanks in Advance.

·
Bow Bender
6,304 Posts
He does a lot more than just make strings, although that is one of his special gifts as well. Do a search and send him a pm. He is backlogged with all the bows he does on here, but he knows his stuff. Super nice guy too.

·
Registered
874 Posts
basically

Yeah, do a search for that topic and you should find hundreds of threads.
Mike Carter is his name. He is "THE MAN" especially for bowtechs. Here is what you will get if you send your bow to him:
The most top quality service with the most attention to detail and materials that I have ever found. Your bow will come back shooting the absolute best it physically can. he pulled ~10 extra fps out of mine. Trust me, I learned my lesson. From now on NOONE will touch my bow unless an absolute emergency, period.

BTW He is one of the nicest guys I have ever dealt with. Trully cares about his work.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
...and I thought the other day why hadn't there been any Crackerization posts recently. Purchase Mike's strings, or better off - send a whole bow to him and you won't regret it ;)

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Dado said:
...and I thought the other day why hadn't there been any Crackerization posts recently. Purchase Mike's strings, or better off - send a whole bow to him and you won't regret it ;)
I PM'ed him 3 or 4 days ago about doing my new Bengal and I haven't heard back yet. Very busy guy.

·
Banned
3,149 Posts
I added my name to the list about a month ago. He said there were "just over 100" guys on the list before me. At 2-3 weeks per bow I should have my bow to him in 4 or 5 years.....:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the info. I'm going to be buying a new bow soon and will sure keep him in mind.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
GolfinHunter said:
I PM'ed him 3 or 4 days ago about doing my new Bengal and I haven't heard back yet. Very busy guy.
He indeed is - I bet you're from the USA, maybe you should give him a call?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From all of the good I'm hearing about Mike, I think I'd be foolish not to let him work my new bow over when I get it. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do....decide between Bowtech or Elite. I'm leaning towards Elite right now but whatever I decide, I'm thinking real serious about letting him work it over. Thanks for the info from all...

·
Registered
874 Posts
I talked to him

the other day and he is still having a lot of trouble getting his shop finished. Think he may even have to hire another contractor. Shame, it could not have happened to a nicer guy. I am sure when he gets the space back he will be ROLLING on.

foxman350 said:
i have a feeling once he gets his shop finished things will go faster.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
If you get the Bowtech....send it right away!:wink:

Just kidding. Mike did my 05 Allegiance and made all the difference in the world. I will try and make it through the season with my Elite and maybe see what he can do for it. But right now I am pleased with factory setup and Mike is WAY behind...right Mike?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts