Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent Mike an email tonight about crackerizing my bow but I have a few questions first for you guys:

how much did it cost you guys or would it cost me for my guardian to be tuned and get new strings/cables?

about how long will it take?

pics would be nice to

thanks for you help

· Registered
2,906 Posts
Let Mike answer the questions. But you will be waiting a long time

· Registered
580 Posts
I talked to him not to long ago and he said $130 for the crackerizing and it would be about a month before he could get to it. But things could have changed.

· Registered
8,473 Posts
I have heard of some long wait times a few months ago. Im not sure how long it is now. Trust me its worth the wait, hes top notch. I havent had one done but Ive shot Two allys in my life both side by side. One was crackerized and one wasnt. Same arrow, basically same set up and the one that crackers worked on was hands down more accurate and all the way around smooter drawing and shooting

· Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys for your help. i asked mike the same questions and did it now because it is the beginning of deer season. I figured by the time i set up a date it will be late winter and the season will be over. need my bow top noch for next year as i am moving to iowa to work for an outfitter and he told me to be ready to do some hunting myself.

· Registered
2,906 Posts
IM pretty sure its a good yr wait unless things have changed

· Registered
2,526 Posts
need my bow top noch for next year as i am moving to iowa to work for an outfitter and he told me to be ready to do some hunting myself.
I'd rather talk about that. Wow, you must be pumped. Hopefully you saw that Iowa 200" booner on the hunting side of this forum taken Friday.

What made you decide to choose that path?

· Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've done a lot of thinking about what I wanna do when i graduate, and my dad told me i potentially find a job guiding if I try. So I sent resumes in Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Kansas, and Iowa. And Jagermister Outfitters told me I could start Sept. 2009. This winter I am going to try to get out there to meet the owner Lynn.

· Premium Member
17,591 Posts
I've done a lot of thinking about what I wanna do when i graduate, and my dad told me i potentially find a job guiding if I try. So I sent resumes in Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Kansas, and Iowa. And Jagermister Outfitters told me I could start Sept. 2009. This winter I am going to try to get out there to meet the owner Lynn.
I'm not sure where you will be in Iowa but you may want to consider driving to NW Missouri and paying Crackers a visit. If you make an appt. ahead of time he will make your strings and get you tuned up the same day you come in. But you have to make an appt. or you'll be waiting there all day. There are far worse places to be "stuck" in for a day but every body's schedules vary.

· Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys for your impute. I am sitting up the stand now and figured to go on archerytalk. Have seen 19 so far but all have been does. I am looking for one nine pointer on my property. Will let you know my turn out when I get home.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.