Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out mule deer and antelope hunting this weekend (got a mule deer and shot and lost a big antelope) and had my string cut on my brand new elite e-500. The strings are winners choice. The cables are still good, so I really only need a new string. I am interested in sending it to crackers, but would that work to still use the old cables or would you go all new? Also, what is it gonna cost and what would be the time frame from shipping it out to getting it back. For anyone interested, I'll post pics of the mule deer later.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Crackers makes a great string. Your best bet would be to PM or email him for a price.

Are you planning on sending your bow to him, or just order a string?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Are you just looking for a new string only or other work (super tune)
your bow ?? :confused: If it's just your string , call winners choice with the string length
and color and have your closest pro shop put it on if you don't have your own bow press.It ain't rocket science! :wink:

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Buy 2 strings and go ahead and replace the cables with color of your choice. Save the extra string and your current cables and you have backups for an emergency. I would not leave home without them:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to send it to him so I can have it super tuned, otherwise I would just buy a winners choice string and put it on myself.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
yep get a back up and put it in the bow case just for safety reasons, at least it will keep you in the field where you want to be.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Ron Harmon said:
yep get a back up and put it in the bow case just for safety reasons, at least it will keep you in the field where you want to be.
Exactly!! That's the only reason I change out the Quality strings that come on my Bowtech. I save them for back up:) I don't want to be 1,000+ miles from home and some freak thing happen to a cable or string to stop me from hunting. You know what they say. Doodoo happens!!:)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
rackman said:
I want to send it to him so I can have it super tuned, otherwise I would just buy a winners choice string and put it on myself.
The best thing to do is to send Mike a PM or call him on Tuesday and ask him the particulars. I can tell you that he is at least a month and a half behind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts