Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GUYS....Beware of this man, he will cause you hear failure! Sent him my bow last week, he got it monday and called today saying its headed back to me AAAAAANNNNNDDDDDD Its shooting 327fps!!! Heed my warning, his customer service will send the EMTs to your house because of heart attacks ! Its that good .

He said he took my string silencers off and put on a STS and thats all i need, the bows ver quiet. This is the only thing im gona have to wait and see on. I trust him and i hope hes right but still , gota see it to believe it!

bowtech alleg. 70lbs +30dl +353gr+ Crackersticker = 327--327--327--one more time for the gipper--327 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Crackers

Mike, knows his stuff. He has forgot more than I will ever know. I think you will be surprised how well your bow will shoot, he seems to know how to get the most out of any bow. good luck and let us know your results when it gets home.

·
The business is finished
2,947 Posts
Aren't you the fellow that posted just last week need reassurance that you were doing the right thing? Silly man. I have to agree that what Mike does for your bow is astounding. What he does for customer service is the benchmark to which ALL OTHERS SHOULD BE MEASURED. I don't care what your business is, treat your customers like Mike Carter does and you will never want for work.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Mike is simply the man when it comes to bow tuning. That's my opinion at least and I don't believe I am alone in thinking that. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Amen brother! Don't Mike have a sick sense of humor! My bow is cranking with the Windstalker and STS he recommends and my 3-D is fun! Can't wait to bust an elk!

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
That lite of an arrow @ 70 lbs @ 30" DL I would hope you would get some good speed ...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I talked to Mike for an hour last week asking about doing my bows man is he full of knowledge ! Ill be sending mine after the season is over!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dthbyhoyt said:
That lite of an arrow @ 70 lbs @ 30" DL I would hope you would get some good speed ...
Im guessing by your Logon name you shoot a hoyt...heres my challenge, find you ANY hoyt same specs as mine use a arrow same weight as i am and it wont come CLOSE to 327fps....I tried it with a hoyt, switchback and bowtech before i bought one, needless to say i bet you can guess which one was the fastest.

I will give the fact that the lighter arrow helps ALOT!!!! But the bowtech is just a haul-***** bow. No other bow can compare with its speed. Im know for a fact the hoyt and switchback had things that the alleg. lacked because i shot all 3 but i was after speed and Alleg. SPANKED them in that dept.

Let me know how the experiment turns out.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
I beg to differ EMT guy!!!!

Mike did my Hoyt Ultra-Tec w/ spirals and here is what he got:

61# draw wt.
30" draw length
373 grain arrow shooting 319 fps--shot by Crackers himself and proven at home by myself on a chrono.

I know its not 327 but I'm only 8 fps shy of your bow and I'm only shooting 61#. (with heavier arrows!!!)

If it had 70# limbs on it, I think I could easily hit 327--no doubt!!!

Take care and good hunting to you!! 327 is smokin fast--is that your hunting set-up??

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Boodja what you are saying is your hoyt would be about 340. Because if what your saying is true it would be that high. Pretty scary for a bow with a 315 Ibo. Sorry but I don't buy it at least being in specs. Can't be sure because I am not saying your lying but the bow shouldn't be that fast no matter who worked on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cost

emtguy said:
GUYS....Beware of this man, he will cause you hear failure! Sent him my bow last week, he got it monday and called today saying its headed back to me AAAAAANNNNNDDDDDD Its shooting 327fps!!! Heed my warning, his customer service will send the EMTs to your house because of heart attacks ! Its that good .

He said he took my string silencers off and put on a STS and thats all i need, the bows ver quiet. This is the only thing im gona have to wait and see on. I trust him and i hope hes right but still , gota see it to believe it!

bowtech alleg. 70lbs +30dl +353gr+ Crackersticker = 327--327--327--one more time for the gipper--327 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would like to know what you spent/2-way shipping plus parts -labor

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
parkerbows

Thats what Mike got and I really couldn't believe it either, but checked it out when I got it back--319 fps. That was a 3-d set-up--my hunting set up is not that fast = 437 grain hunting arrow is getting 294 fps at same draw wt and length.

I'm not a speed demon by any means, nor do I want or try to brag about my bows speed, but I was really impressed with this Ultra-tec and the spirals. It's pretty quiet too!! I know the Bowtechs are fast--I used to shoot one . I think that 327 fps is very easily attained with a 70# Bowtech.

This bow would NEVER shoot 340 fps ever--that is a fact!! Like I said above, I really am impressed with the spiral cams speed wise. Forgiveness wise, there are other cams that beat the spiral hands down!! My favorite bow of all time is the Ole faithful Mathews Rival Pro--its my baby!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts