Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good way to do it? Was thinking about a way to maybe attach it to my chest, number one to keep it off the ground and number to so I could move faster.

·
Registered
12,032 Posts
If you are crawling, speed is probably not a factor....set it an arm length in front of you, crawl to it and repeat until you are where you're going. keep it simple.

attatch it to yourself and next thing you know, the animal you are sneaking on is walking at you...do you really want to try to disconnect your bow from your chest in this moment? I would rather have an arrow nocked and bow in hand waiting for it to give you any chance to get to your knees and draw.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,153 Posts
Typically when you are crawling....you aren't trying to move fast but the exact opposite. I think attaching your bow is a bad idea.
When on my stomach or knees i push it out in front then move.

I sometimes do the Dwight Schuh trick which is a crab walk belly up with your bow on your stomach...that really works good if its downhill. Most of my crawling is in sage it seems so i'm usually flat out on my belly.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
If you are crawling, speed is probably not a factor....set it an arm length in front of you, crawl to it and repeat until you are where you're going. keep it simple.
This ^^^^.

One evening this year I spent 2 hours on my hands and knees or belly crawling around trying to get a shot at a 350+ bull while over 50 cows milled about around me.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im going to play around and figure something out in the off season.

Another thing I noticed while antelope hunting was my bow shines like a freaking diamond in the direct sunlight. If I didn't have so much in it Id spray paint it a flat color in a heart beat.

·
A Man for All Seasons
2,713 Posts
hunting desert mulies I left it on a sling and threw it up on my back. Crawling on elbows and knees (used cheapo harbor freight knee and elbow pads) was not difficult. Amazed to me was the bow stayed placed on my back just fine.
In that country knocking an arrow and crawling to it was out of the question with all of the cholla and other spiney brush.
I made sure the broadheads were pushed way up into the quiver to shield them.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Im going to play around and figure something out in the off season.

Another thing I noticed while antelope hunting was my bow shines like a freaking diamond in the direct sunlight. If I didn't have so much in it Id spray paint it a flat color in a heart beat.[/QUOTE

I wouldn't let looks stand in my way . If mine was shiney I'd spray it flat . Looks out in the woods don't mean a thing.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Another thing I noticed while antelope hunting was my bow shines like a freaking diamond in the direct sunlight. If I didn't have so much in it Id spray paint it a flat color in a heart beat
You can use camo vet wrap and wrap the bow to stop any shine and it does not stick to the bow and also makes bow quite.

·
Registered
177 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts