Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have a bow of un-named manufacture that uses a roller style cable guide.

The rollers make a creaking noise when I draw the bow. I have been using hob-e-lube graphite dry lubricant (you know - like the pine wood derby kids use on their pine car axels) on the roller shaft and between the rollers and it works to eliminate the creaks. Very silent (no creaks) after application but it does not last long. The creaks start coming back after only a dozen shots or so and get progressively worse quickly.

I elected to use the dry lube so as not to attract dust and dirt. Since it is not working to my satisfaction I would like recommendations on other lubricants. looking for someone with experience with this issue that can definitely say, "sure, use WD-40 or silicone or arrow lube or gun oil or 3-in1 or 30wt oil or ????????" that knows it will not have harmful effects.

Thanks,
bbaumer

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I've never had noise from my rollers, but I have taken one apart to change the spacer. Before I put it back together I think I applied a little white grease. It certainly won't harm anything. I couldn't tell you how long it would last. I'd be more apt to find out why it's creaking.:darkbeer:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Are you sure the noise is coming from the roller and not the bushings that hold the yoke cables?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts