Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently I noticed a creaking noise whenever I draw my Trykon. It comes from the lower portion of the bow. It has never done this before.

Does anyone have any ideas of what is causing this or how to eliminate it?

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Check any screws, I just had a noise from my gto cam and once I tightened everything the noise went away.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Hoyt bows are notorious for creaking right at the bushing where the floating yoke attaches to the upper axle. Try putting some lube on it in that area and see if it helps.

Another area that can cause creaking (although normally just on the target bows) is the plastic rocker in the triax limb pockets. To fix that, you have to relax the limbs, and lightly scuff the interface between the rocker and the limb itself.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Hoyt bows are notorious for creaking right at the bushing where the floating yoke attaches to the upper axle. Try putting some lube on it in that area and see if it helps.

Another area that can cause creaking (although normally just on the target bows) is the plastic rocker in the triax limb pockets. To fix that, you have to relax the limbs, and lightly scuff the interface between the rocker and the limb itself.
Exactly right, the more common issue is the first one mentioned the plastic bushings on the yoke cable rubbing on the limbs. You can put a drop of oil and it will seep in between the limb and the bushing. A better fix and what I do is relax the bow remove the bushings and put a little bit of lithium grease on the side that touches the limb. That does the trick everytime and pretty much will be a permenant cure.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had the same problem. The problem is in the plastic rocker in the triax limb pockets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.