Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been hunting the same piece of ground for 3 years now. It's a small piece of only 57 acres I enjoy hunting it and it's something I can call mine. Last Christmas about this time the forestry service did a controlled burn on the area that is pines. I worked really hard this spring and summer on plots and trying to pattern a big deer for my area and setting up to harvest that animal. Well here is what happened. I changed stands up that had been good stands for the last 2 years and this year has been by far my worst season there. I have seen 13 deer all season 6 of those being at one time. So I think some of it has to do with new stand placement that I have. So I was thinking today I want to try and get a piece of the land back to how it was when I started on it and see if that gets some more deer in there again. And that is the power line that runs right through the middle I want to CREATE some bedding cover and thick stuff for them to get into and hide like was there before. The first year it was weeds and broom straw the whole power line. So is there anything that I can plant to create this again or anything that I can do to create bedding there again and go back to hunting the fringes again like the previous years where you would see 6-7 deer per sit? Any advice is much appreciated?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have cedar trees or bushes that grow wild anywhere near? My father in law has them on his farm and they grow quickly and create cover.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah I don't the power line is in between the pines I am wanting to put in some grasses that will grow thick and quickly for me like broom straw etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts