Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I shoot the alpha max 35 and have noticed some strange noises coming from the bow when i daw it back slow (like in a hunting situation). It makes a creek and a slight popping sound but you cant tell where its coming from. I have checked the grip and all the screws on the entire bow. I have checked the limb bolts, thinking some dust or something could have gotten in there, i have altered the draw weight and it still does it on every weight after about a dozen or so shots. didn't figure it was my axles since they are sealed, but maybe? I shoot a ripcord code red rest and i have checked that too and its not the problem. The bottom axle could use a thin washer between the limb and the E clip i think. after about a dozen shots or so i am able to squeeze them together and hear a sleigh pop. The noise is still present though after this too. Any help or suggestions you guys have is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Probably the limb bushings (rubber bushings between the limbs and limb pockets) need replaced or at least cleaned..............

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
My 35 did the same thing to and all it needs is grease in the limb pockets . you dealer will do that.

^^^^^^^^yep^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll have to try that then, thanks guys! How do you have the timing set up on your 35? had new strings and cables put on mine and the guy that did it retimed them towards the inner marks on the cams, its a little bit slower and not shooting the best, was thinking about turning more towards the outer marks?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts