Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if you can creep tune a cam.5? I have spirals on my Pro Tec and wanted to try it. But if it isn't going to work then I wont try it.

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,815 Posts
Hornet,

This is off your original topic. Are you finding that you need a stiffer shaft for the spirals than normal. I have a Protec, XT2000, 29", 67 lbs., spirals. My 3-60's tune like S***. I am going to try some 71's as soon as the weather breaks. Let me know your opinions.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't shot it that much I have only had it a week. But I am shooting 3-18's at 55lbs. They fly great. I haven't shot them at a higher weight and I wont for a long time (I am going to set up my 2412's tomorrow). I am also shooting magnocks. So I can get away with a shaft that is a little weaker. But I don't think I will have a problem. I am going to shoot a stiffer shaft outdoors jsut to slow the bow down. Nino shot the same setup all summer. But he has a 28" draw and was shooting 58lbs w/ 3-28's at 27". His arrows performed great. The 3-60's should work fine for you. They should be a perfect match. I think the problem may be something other than the shaft.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
I shot a spiral cam a few times...geez. I can't imagine creep tuning that thing. If you creep forward on that thing it's gonna snatch that arrow outta there. Let us know how it goes,,,:eek:

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
You could try against the wall and harder against the wall.

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,411 Posts
You can't creep tune a bow that has only one true power cable. The cam+1/2 and one-cam bows are similar in that respect.

IMO the cam+1/2 as well as the Darton cams are no more than one-cam bows with eccentrics built into the idler wheel and a string that has been divided into two parts.

While they may claim to have two cables, the second cable functions like the back-side of the string on a one-cam, not like a power cable.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EPLC

Thanks. I didn't think it would work. I kew you couldn't do it with a single cam. So I figured you couldn't with the cam.5. But I just wanted to make sure.

Ox the spirals aren't that bad. You just have to shoot it for acouple of days to get used to it. When I first started shooting the Redline cam it was the same way. But I got used to it after I shot it for about a week or so. I was used too the spiral am by the time I was done shooting my second indoor round with it.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Well guys, GRIV said a couple weeks ago that hybrids CAN be creep tuned!
I am guessing its just a matter of adding or subtracting twists from that single cable?
He said he would elaborate at a later date.

Sean

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
WHat you can do is shoot several arrows moving the draw stop peg from the longest to the shortest. This has the same effect as creeping as on the lower letoff setting you are simply shooting out the front of the valley.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Xs24-7. It sounds like a good idea plus you can shoot more than one shot from each position and know you are in the same spot.

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
You could change the mod settings on the standard cam + 1/2, but the spiral's that Hornet has are DL specific.

The spirals are indeed charted as a hard cam, while the standard cam + 1/2 is charted as a medium cam........This is per Jeff McNail of Easton.

;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts