Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im using a two wheel Icon and shooting partners have noticed Im creeping. I do not feel it during shot but notice most of my miss's have been low in groups. Im open to suggestions on how to cure this. Icon doesnt have solid back wall but would drawstop help.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
get a pure back tension release.
i am not fond of these, ok, ok, i hate them, I Hate , hate hate hate them!
but it will stop your creeping.
what i would do it if you aren't right now, do back tension.
hope i helped in some way. :)

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
When you reach full draw keep pulling. If you relax your back you might creep and not feel it. Imagine trying to break the limbs at full draw.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
DB;

You just have to learn how to keep constant tension (BT) when you shoot. After you do it feels like second nature, it just takes some time.

-CG

·
Occam's Razor
9,096 Posts
the problem of a trigger......

is creep. One of the reasons that I gave them up, also a tad bit of flinching. I recently acquired a SCAT release to try it out. Took about 4-5 shots to develop the creep with it. After about 400-500 shots I am finally getting it to be less and less of a problem.

As I draw and start aiming, I tell myself to pull, pull, pull..............until the shot goes off. The shot must have a conclusion, touching the shoulder for instance.......keep pulling until that happens...........ck

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Make sure you are using the correct draw length. Creeping can be an indication of a draw length that is too long. And as stated above use back tension through out the draw and shot execution.

·
Registered
183 Posts
When you execute the shot ,If your release hand has constant pressure it will fly behind your head,this is what BT will teach you constant pressure! the key to kill CREEPING hope this helps

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
DannyBoone

Cut that out :D I would think you'd have more problems pulling the cam's together than creeping forward?;) Now.. stand up straight and pull that thing like a MAN.:D ;) :p :D :) DUBBYA ARE

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
My step dad creeps when his DL it set too long, I dont know if that applies but worth looking in too. Adding tha draw stop will help too you will have a hard wall to pull in to.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
ANother thing if using an idex finger release. Don't do the anchor with thumb behind the neck. That's one of the easiest ways to get creeping.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
I've found that on the BowTech Duallys with the very short valley, my shooting has improved. I don't shoot with a back tension release but the very nature of the short valley, if you creep slightly the bow will tell you you're slacking off. For me, the shorter valley the better:D I also like the draw stop on the BowTech Infinity single cam set to 60 or 65 percent letoff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts