Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on mounting a couple larger antlers on my decoy this year. I filled the head with expandable foam to give a base to insert the antlers into. Eventually the antler bases will have steel rods epoxied in place to insert into the head.

Check out these pics. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
A deer with a Doo:) nice.

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The small bucks and does gave Buckey plenty of attention but he was snubbed by the big boys. So this year he will hav a 120" rack on his head to give a little indimidation to the bigger boys.

rx

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
I'd make bucky about 2 foot wide if i were you.:)

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RxBowhunter said:
The small bucks and does gave Buckey plenty of attention but he was snubbed by the big boys. So this year he will hav a 120" rack on his head to give a little indimidation to the bigger boys.

rx
Sheeesh! I know I was typing fast when I posted that one but maybe I should read before submitting to correct the mistakes????::eek: embara: :) :wink: :wink:

The expandable foam adds weight to the decoy but has a side effect of dampening sound. I filled an aluminum treestand with expandable foam once to experiment with how much quieter it would be. It does a good job.....much quieter when you are trying to quietly move around with deer close by.
Just wear rubber gloves when you handle that stuff before it cures. If acetone doesn't take it off your skin before it cures, you just have to let it wear off over time.......:eek:

·
74,535 Posts
Looks good

Let us know how the results are.

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will............

Hey Mods,

Out of respect for the late Steve Irwin, will one of you please edit the word "Crickey" out of the Title of this thread? You can change it to Wow! Or whatever you decide.

Thanks,

Rx

·
registered archer
3,253 Posts
RxBowhunter said:
Sheeesh! I know I was typing fast when I posted that one but maybe I should read before submitting to correct the mistakes????::eek: embara: :) :wink: :wink:

The expandable foam adds weight to the decoy but has a side effect of dampening sound. I filled an aluminum treestand with expandable foam once to experiment with how much quieter it would be. It does a good job.....much quieter when you are trying to quietly move around with deer close by.
Just wear rubber gloves when you handle that stuff before it cures. If acetone doesn't take it off your skin before it cures, you just have to let it wear off over time.......:eek:

uh you could of told me that last week when i rubbed my hands on it when my dad was reduing our kitchen....dont worry i didnt tell him i touched it:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts