Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
impatiently waiting
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used these? I pick some up off the clearance rack at mills fleet farm today... They look mean! I was just wondering if any one has any thing good or bad to say about them? also, were they discontinued because i dont see them on their website...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I bought some two years ago. I shot one at my 16-1 target to see how it compared to my field tips and the main blade bent at impact. It shot pretty well though (accuracy wise) but the bent blade really turned me off to them. I thought I would use them on turkeys last year but I screwed up by trying to shoot through the screen in my blind. The arrow missed the bird and again the blades bent. I will not use them anymore, too expensive as a one shot and done broadhead.

·
impatiently waiting
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just one?

only one person on this whole site has used these broadheads?

·
Registered
216 Posts
i shot them a couple years ago and like the above post, got pretty good accuracy with them

shot two deer with em, they bled good and died, but nothing miraculous as far as blood trail or wound cavity to report

but, also same as above, the blades are junk...they broke or bent everytime that i shot em

my advice, if you got em cheap use em till they're gone...but don't plan on them being your "go to" long term

good luck

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I use them, and they shoot good for me. I too had picked up all of them I could find because they don't make that particular broadhead anymore. The company did some redesigning of them so they don't bend as easily anymore. Check them out. They are through http://midatlanticarchery.com and called the X System now. I am waiting for them to be shipped to my area, but they can be bought through the company. On another note, once the deployable blades bend just snap them off sideways with pliers and target shoot the main blade, the flight is the same and you only loose a few grains of weight.

I have taken deer with them and I am using them on my black bear hunt in Alaska next week, if that says anything about the broadhead and design!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts