11,651 Posts
GOOD!!!!

GOOD

The blades are flimsy thin

Whena blade breaks it no longer cuts

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I am sure NY DEC would come to the same conclusion. The regulations are very clear, and even have diagrams that show lawful and unlawful heads.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Similar results in Alabama

Similar regulations here:

"Broadheads shall have a minimum weight of 100 grains. The minimum cutting diameter for any broadhead shall be 7/8 inch. Expandable broadheads shall have a minimum 7/8 inch cutting diameter prior to any expansion of the broadhead. The minimum thickness for fixed blade broadheads shall be .015 inch, and the minimum thickness for expanded broadheads shall be .025 inch."

http://aldeer.com/

Lane

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
what is the opinion on these heads? a customer wanted my wife to order him some (we don't normally stock them)

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
they are expensive and from the review 5 shot did on em i don't think i'd ever buy them anyway , but thanks for the info lowly!

Attachments

·
74,535 Posts
EWC2000

He killed his 8ptr. today with his crimson talons. Said they made one large hole. He likes his.

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
if i remember his review correctly (it was a while ago) 5shot didn't give a favorable review ,correct me if i'm wrong ! i can't use them anyway ,oh well

Attachments

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Based on the picture of them I would say they should be for higher poundage only, the "spiral" of the blades may work for stablizing as they claim, but I have to believe it would reduce penetration by putting MUCH more drag on the blades when it starts cutting.

--Bob

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Thin vs Thick blades

I have found that Higher poundage bows blow off thin blades like the Crimson talon quicker than low power bows.

I have heartburn with blades less than .020

Thunderheds (the Industry standard) has blades .029 thick and they don't break in game

TINK

·
Registered
380 Posts
As far as durability goes A buddy of mine just shot a Buffalo last weekend with a Crimson Talon at 25yrds and the arrow passed through the center of aq rib and then the Broad Head was sticking out of the shoulderblade on the far side. Sounds pretty good to me?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts