Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all new guy here like the site. Anyways I was curious to hear what you kinds think about the crimson talon broadheads flight while shooting a R helical fletching. The crimson talon broadhead has that spiral shape to their blades and I was wondering if that would change the arrow flight while shooting a R helical. I am sure they would fly nice with a straight fletching but curious to hear what yall think about shooting them with a R helical? Oh and I am shooting gold tip xt hunter..with 2" blazer vanes

·
Registered
48 Posts
i don't know first hand, but b/c the blazer vanes increase spin i would think it would help the crimson talon. i personally shoot a 5 degree offset to the right and my talons fly like field points. hope this helps

·
Registered
51,147 Posts
I don't think I would do it, I believe that one end would be fighting the other for steerability :beer: :smile:

·
Registered
760 Posts
If I am not mistaken, Ithought that somewhere on the packaging it specified to straight fletch. When I was shooting Quikspins, this is the only broadhead I couldn't get to fly straight and impact with my field points.

·
Registered
48 Posts
the talon package states 3 degree offset to the right, but like i said i shoot a 5 degree offset, and my talons fly like field points, if you don't get to crazy it should be fine. the talons fly great and u might find u don't need the blazers, i like the blazers w/ muzzys but my 4'' duravanes prove true w/ the talons ( haven't needed to go to blazers w/ talons.) keep that in mind

1 - 8 of 8 Posts