Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok hers my dilema
last year i used the talons and shot 11 deer and none of them went over 30 yards so lets just say i was hooked on the performance. now this year im shooting the blazer vanes and i am getting a bad kick to the laft about 5 inches. now ive tried a 4 degree right hand on the vanes and i tried them straight fletched but still have the kick. has anyone been able to make the blazers work with the crimsons? and if so please let me know how. i really want to use the blazers with them but if i have to go back to the stock fletchings i guess i have no choice. any help would be great. thank you

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
if theyer good w/ the other fletching, use them!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Really sounds like a clearance issue....you shouldn't get that bad of a kick by adding a Talon! How do your field tips fly?

I used Talons and Turbo Nocks to win a broadhead tourney and a longest shot contest.. That combo worked great. I now shoot Blazers and T-4 Turbo's with Hypershocks and Slick Tricks. But the Talons with the new heavier blade are AWESOME!:wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am having grouping problems with the Talon Hyperspeeds. I thought about refletching to blazer vanes. Let me know how it does for you. Had bow adjusted for center shot and cam lean. But still am not satisfied with it. Even though the grouping is within the kill zone I want a closer group. I prefer to have the feeling that when I release an arrow I know it will be lethal and a quick kill.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I had the same thing with wasp bullets. Talked to a place in Jeff and the guy told me to switch back with 4" vanes. He said he couldnt ever get the blazers to fly right either. So far everything has been good. "I switched to grim reapers" but will be doing more testing with the wasps and 4" vanes compared to Blazers once I have a couple of deer for the season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts