Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering about any reviews of the crimson tide broadhead. good? bad? worth buying or no?
thanks

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Do you mean Crimson Talon?

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
I think you mean Crimson Talons. I've heard mostly good reviews about these, but haven't had the chance to try them myself yet.

:izza:

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
I use them. They are just as good if not better than Rage, G5 Montec, and Spitfires.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya sorry crimson talon, i was thinking the college there (alabama crimson tide). ok good to know. i have thunderheads right now and they work great but looking to try something new. any other suggestions besides talons?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
ya sorry crimson talon, i was thinking the college there (alabama crimson tide). ok good to know. i have thunderheads right now and they work great but looking to try something new. any other suggestions besides talons?
The Talon XT's are a great head, fly great and blood trails second to none..

They just came out with these heads and they are awesome, they are made by the same company that makes the talons...:beer:
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1006226

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
For fixed blades I recommend anything by Magnus. I myself shoot The Magnus Stinger 4-Blade. They are tough, sharp out of the pack, fly like my field points and come with a lifetime warranty. They are about $25 a pack so you aren't out much if you don't like them.

:izza:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow those are some huge cutting diameter! i have never tried expandable tho, i am always worried about them not opening. how likely is that to happen?

The Talon XT's are a great head, fly great and blood trails second to none..

They just came out with these heads and they are awesome, they are made by the same company that makes the talons...:beer:
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1006226

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
wow those are some huge cutting diameter! i have never tried expandable tho, i am always worried about them not opening. how likely is that to happen?
I was always thinking the very same thing when it came to mechanical, but this head is a broadhead all by itself.. After literally 100's of shots it work flawlessly...........:beer:

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
talons are a sweet broadhead took my longest shot on a whitetail and harvested my biggest deer with them.... longest shot a doe 48 yds quartering away...complete pass thew... deer went 40 yds... blades were bent after digging into the corn field...however this was before they improved blade thickness... biggest deer was a field dressed 8 pt taken at 38yds quartering away...sliced threw the ribs and barried into chest brisquit deer went 36yds and piled up in a soy bean field...blood trails were incredible but not needed both fell in site hope this helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts