Archery Talk Forum banner

Crispi or Kenetrek boots

990 21
I am looking at purchasing a pair of boots for bow hunting to get away from rubber boots when not needed. Any cons to either beside price?

thank you
Reactions: raisins
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Crispi is only thing I've found that doesn't tear my feet up. I have tried Hanwag, Salewa, and some other high end boots I can't think of. Actually Danner wasn't bad either, their waterproofing just sucks.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
14,790 Posts
Own 3 pairs of Crispis. Absolutely incredible boots. Well built, comfortable and have never had a blister or issue with them. Not cheap but well worth it

Reactions: maple3

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Just got a new pair of Kenetrek Northerns yesterday. Wish it was -20 below outside. But they sure fit nice and great to walk in. Also have mountain extreme, never had anything better. Best ankle support. Don't slip while side hilling.

·
A.K.A BuckChef
4,796 Posts
After many years of average boots such as Danner and Rocky, etc. a few years ago I bought Crispi's and I can say I will never own another "average" pair of boots, they are awesome, they make all the difference in the woods!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
i have both, you cannot go wrong either way

Reactions: maple3

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have Kenetrek boots and use them for more unstable ground with trekking poles..The boots are made heavy to take on rough trail or no trail walking with all the support one could ask for..No rolled or twisted ankles and no blisters..I have seen the crsipi boots and I'm sure they have their place on the mountain..I'll give them a try when my kenetreks wear out..So the reason for the kenetreks in the first place is that crispi boots weren't even made at the time when the kenetreks were purchased...FWIW

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
not to derail...but....can someone comment on the size of the toe boxes for each? i have a wide foot and many wides still push my toes in...i want to be able to at least somewhat wiggle my toes without fighting the sides of the boot to do so

interestingly, the cheaper boots seem more likely to have generous toe room without needing to go up in length too much

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I had both and sold the Crispis. The Kennetreks need a bit of break in. I also replaced the insole after the first year. They are a great boot once broken it. The Crispi boots were absolutely the worst boot I have ever bought. They felt like I was walking on broken glass. I tried replacing the insoles and gave them a decent break in time. I had to sell them to keep me from crying every time I saw them in the garage.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I don’t know if you’re stuck on those two brands or not but I wouldn’t overlook Meindl boots either. I have the comfort fit hunters with 400grams primaloft. They are the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. There was no break in. I’m on my third season with them have put probably close to 60 miles on with them between hunting and shed hunting and have no complaints.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I own both brands. What models are you comparing? As far as hikers go I have the crispi Wyoming gtx I believe and those are comparable to the Kenetrek corrie hikers. I would say out of those 2 boots my preference would be the crispi. Now if your interested in the mountain extreme that is the best boot I have found so far.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Have both, a taller kenetrek boot in the mountain extreme, and then the crispi Nevadas. In terms of quality, etc both are great. I do prefer the crispis simply for the fact they offer a 12.5 wide and kenetrek does not, or at least didn't when I bought em! I think the crispis are more comfortable right out of the box for sure but with break in they're both excellent boots!

If I had to pick just one it would be the crispis

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts