Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cross bow made for cabelas by bear archery ,175# my problem is i can't keep, the scope mount tight where it bolts to the bow i have tried every thing ,loctite shock proof washers etc,i am shooting a 2219 20 in arrow weight with 100 gr broadhead total weight is 400 grains, dia of arrow is recamended at.300 ths. I havented checked this as they called for a,2219 so i assume they are all that size.i wonder if i have too much stored energy and maybe i need a heavier arrow? hopeing someone out there knows something about this energy stuff, rollie

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
its not the Ke. doing your scope mount screws, maybe Bears design isn't real good. you may go to a perminate loctite. Wyvern may know of something thats will fix that problem

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
Its not the arrows...though that bow may have enough shock to loosen the hardware. If it is the scope mount that is loosening from the trigger housing, if there is a slight gap, try filling the gap with RTV....that will act like a shock absorber, It may help
Wyvern

·
Registered
419 Posts
The losses in the mechanical system are causing the vibration. Subtract stored energy from kinetic energy and what you are left with is the vibration after the shot.

Shooting a heavier arrow will reduce the noise and vibration because bows shoot heavier arrows more efficiently. Therefore less inefficiency in the system.

Blue loc-tite is probably your best bet along with any other silencers which will help dissipate the vibration and noise. String leech, bow jax, limb saver etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do the rings fit the base?

I had a defective set of rings on one of my rifles do that too!
Also if you did not personally mount the scope the spacing may not be correct.
Make sure the lugs are in the slots and pushed tight so there is no movement.

edge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts