Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Horton Summit 150 but I didn't get any bolts with it. I read on there web site that I need 20" bolts but do I need the ones with the half moon or flat ends. Can I shoot the same broadheads that I shoot in my compound. I shoot 100gr. 4 blade muzzy but I got some 100gr. 3 blade rages but not the ones for a crossbow that I was wanting to use but I was told I had to get the ones that were for a crossbow in the rages is that true. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Looks like moon nocks, Will have to shoot to test broadheads out, Some use a little rubber band on the none x-bow model rages to keep them closed.
If u go to youtube there are some reviews of it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a Horton TRT-175. My crossbow shoots the Rage good but i had to put the rubber bands my wufe did not use for her braces on the ends like the reply above was saying. After i done that mine shot really good. My favorite is the G5. They shoot the best and i have killed deer with them in the past. The Muzzy's shot some what high but i had already zeroed mine in with the G5's. I think they are a great broad head as well (Muzzy). So if you don't want to mess with rubberbands for the rage (the regular not the crossbow style) i would stick to the Muzzy or buy some G5's. The G5's fly good for me and group beyond beleif. You will have to shot it to see what does best for you. Good Luck and get that big one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My Horton YUKON SL shoots both 3 and 4 blade Muzzies well but ...when I added my Horton TRT Ultra-Lite I tried shooting what was working for me with my old bow a [437 grain arrow 20" 2219 Eastons w/firenocks and 100gr Muzzies] and they went everywhere ...so I went to 100Gr NAP Spitfires ....I now have to shoot at a different aiming point on each shot or I eat arrows up plus there is ZERO point of impact change when shooting field points ...a nice added bonus!

Bear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts