Archery Talk Forum banner

Crossbow news

2014 Views 13 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Rancid Crabtree
3 crossbow resolutions wer presented at last springs conservation congress spring hearing. The results of the study committee are now available online.

Crossbows for rough fish (res. 230110) Approved Unanimously

Crossbows for bear (res. 520110) Rejected Unanimously

Crossbows for fall Turkeys (res. 520210) Rejected Unanimously

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/nrboard/congress/minutes/2010/ERLE 8.28.10.pdf

The DNR has the option to place the rough fish question on the DNR side of the spring ballot next year. If not, the issue dies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
I am opposed to this. The reason is that crossbows should be permitted in any other venbue that regular archery equipment is permitted. We should stop making special provisions for everything. We should use PA and Meeechigan as our example of how to do it right.

· Banned
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck with that. Oppose away. The elected body has made the call. Thats is the process in WI. LOL at venbue.

I can understand the Fishing one since its not hunting and does not require a hunting license. The Wisconsin Bowfishing Assoc. asked the WBH for a position statement on crossbows for rough fish back in the spring.

· Banned
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Earlier this year there was also a meeting of the Conservation Congress CWD Ad Hoc committee in which they addressed a resolution to allow crossbows for everybody in the CWD management zone. That resolution was also rejected. The chair told the resolution presenter that his idea had nothing to do with solving the CWD issue and was just a back door attempt to insert crossbows into the archery deer season by exploiting the CWD issue. Prior to the meeting, both the Wisconsin Bowhunters Association and the Wisconsin Traditional Archers had sent letters to the committee urging them to reject the resolution.

Always watchful, vigilant

· Banned
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see the crossgun folks from crossbow nation and the excalibur site are tuning in to read the good news about WI.

Hi guys.

:ROFLMAO:

· Banned
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct, I would say, those are some of the last places we would want to be like. Its my mission to keep that from happening.

· Banned
2,929 Posts
I live in WI! Crossbows are bows same as compoundbows are bows! You can't stop progress or change so best to get used to crossbows! It's a multi-million dollar business which is growing faster than compouds and is getting more hunters out in your precious PUBLIC land! It's really quite simple, don't want to deal with people using crossbows on PUBLIC land, go buy private hunting land like I have! All the traditional bow users said the same about compound bows and they couldn't stop them, so good luck stopping crossbows!!!

· Banned
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were up to the challenge. :lol:

79 years of bowhunting in WI and counting. :wink:

· Registered
23 Posts
Were up to the challenge. :lol:

79 years of bowhunting in WI and counting. :wink:
Well, apparently you weren't up to the challenge in Pennsylvania and Michigan, we're you?. And, you spent a considerable amount of energy doing your dainty pirouettes over there. Now, MI and PA are 100% full inclusion. Just a matter of time; we know how to get it done!

· Banned
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, apparently you weren't up to the challenge in Pennsylvania and Michigan, we're you?.
??, I dont live in either state and have no vote in such matters. That was up to them to call.

And, you spent a considerable amount of energy doing your dainty pirouettes over there. Now, MI and PA are 100% full inclusion. Just a matter of time; we know how to get it done!

A few chat room posts was my entire investment. I learned a great deal though and I continue to learn.Thanks for that. You guys are very free with your info. :shade:

Gotta run now, evil lobbying to do to protect and preserve the sport of bowhutning in WI. :lol:

· Registered
559 Posts
Well, apparently you weren't up to the challenge in Pennsylvania and Michigan, we're you?. And, you spent a considerable amount of energy doing your dainty pirouettes over there. Now, MI and PA are 100% full inclusion. Just a matter of time; we know how to get it done!
Good luck doing it in Wisconsin. It has been shown repeatedly that the residents and hunters of this state oppose the use of crossbows in this state.

· Banned
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Redclub stated on one of the boltgun sites

"The WBH has some clout and will fight it. A lot of folks realy like Rancid and he carries a lot of weight."

Trust me redclub, the only weight I carry is at about belt height. :teeth:

I cnat do this alone. The clear majority of hunters in WI have repeatedly opposed the boltguns in the archery deer season and now that its been asked for the bear and turkey season, that trend continues. I personally found it odd since those two are traditionally firearms seasons so adding the caliber of "Bolt" to the list of shoulder fired weapons might not be such a stretch. :shade:

Its clear the powers that be have no desire to add them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.