Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As things are starting to wind down and guys are tagging out for the year, what is the best way you have found to store your crossbow during the off-season? Include pics of how you do it if you would like.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
What you talkin' bout willis, you mean there's an off season...LOL..I shoot year round but I guess for those that don't there is an off season..If that's the case, wipe it down, and put it in a case and there you have it. A stored crossbow....

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I shoot mine year around as I do a lot of target shooting.
I keep the crossbow clean and the string, string serving, cables well lubricated
and put a light coat on the rail.

I use the Trident Silicone Grease, available on the internet in a 2 fluid ounce jar.
This is a high quality product that stays moist and does not dry out or gum up.
A wee bit goes a long way.

For easier arrow removal from foam style targets, I lightly lube the front 3 to 4
inches. The carbon arrow shaft generates heat causing the foam in the target to
bond to the arrow shaft.

All the best.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a pretty large gun safe and I was asking if anyone has anything unique that they use like something on the wall or a stand. Thanks for all of the tips though!

·
Anti Fanboy
43,265 Posts
Just as with vertical bows, I hang my crossbows on a hook in my bedroom/man cave. The temps and humidity remain fairly steady.

I have not backed down the poundage on the limbs on any bow for many years now, but I might do so this year after I'm finished building up more arrows and testing them.

For this ole boy, there is an off season with crossbows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts