Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site And I have a ? about cross bows. My wife was in a motorcycle wreck 3 weeks ago and it sheared the ball off of her shoulder. I dont think she will be able to pull her bow back this year and have been thinking about getting her a xbow. I know nothing about them and would like some info if anyone is experieced with them. Thanks for any info. mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your wife.You want to go with Ten point they have the easiest cocking, and the most accurate that i have found. Dont let the narrow minded traditionalist to try to tell you to stick with a compund, as long as you keep hunting it doesnt matter what you hunt with.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
The ten points are the cadillac of Crossbows. They are great if you want to spend 700-1000 dollars. If you are on a budget minded buying spree, The Horton's whith the EZ cocking device is a good buy. Ansd any crossbow that shoots >270f/s will get the job done.

Good luck,. and stick with the hunting shooting sports

·
Registered
566 Posts
Cross bows

Sorry to hear about your wife's injury, hope she recovers fully. I just bought my wife a Ten point Hybride Lite, which is a good bow for smaller people and women. It came with an AccuDraw system, which is a cranking mechanism. I put a cross bow scope (no magnification) on it too. The system is very accurate. I do not personally like the trigger, but I don't shoot it. I cronographed it with four bolts, all of which clocked in at 295 for a 440 grain bolt. SMOKIN! She is very accurate with it too. I don't think you can beat a Ten Point.

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
While I personally believe that Excalibur makes the finest crossbow out there. I do concur that the cocking crank on a tenpoint is likely more suited to your wife's current condition.

Good luck

Dennis

·
Registered
566 Posts
Grey Eagle your are right as far as simplicity and speed goes, and if it were me I would shoot the Excaliber. However, my wife is kinda small 5'2" so the Hybrid Lite fit her best. The cocking mechanism helped out with that decision too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Excalibur

I personally think Excalibur is the S***!! I own an Exocet 200 ,very accurate I can hit a dot size of a dime at 50 yards. They also have a cranking device.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts