Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Hamskea Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone could tell me what some of the IBO 3D crossbow shooters are using as their setup. I have read somewhere for instance that the out of the top five IBO crossbow shooters, 1st, 3rd, 4th. and maybe 5th were Excalibur...I think 2nd. was Ten Point. I understand that ultimately its the shooter but really would like to know what these top shooters as well as other crossbow top shooter tournament winners are using. Like to know what model, crossbow weight, arrow/vanes, etc. Thanks a bunch.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
The two time World 3D winner Kenny Barr uses an old 175 Exocet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
set up

My name is Kenny and this is what I will be shooting at the 2010 World Championships.Excalibur Exocet 175 lb.Boo 40 strand custom string,6x Leupold,GoldTip laser 2 carbon arrows tiped with 125 grain tip,Bohning 3" XVanes.This is a very good set up shooting 301fps.Thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
45 Posts
bows

The top 5 were as follows.
1st Excalibur Exocet 175 lb
2nd Ten Point Defender
3rd Excalibur Exocet 200lb
4th Excalibur Vortex 200lb
5th Ten Point X-2

·
Registered
423 Posts
Kenny, that is really good speed from the Exocet 175. I'm using 20" GT Laser II with 100gr tip from my Exocet 200 and getting 306...but I'm not shooting with your string either.

Congrats on your championships!! and good luck in 2010.

PS. Are you related to Olympic archer Jay Barr?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts