Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new CRX 32. With it, I got the QAD Ultra Rest for the Hoyts and had the shop set it up and center it along with installing the D loop. Later I want to a local archery shop and shot it at their range. I noticed the Blazer vanes were hitting the "silent shelf". I know because I now have a line across the soft material and black marks on the vane that lines up on each arrow. I asked the staff there to look at it and they checked the rest with the laser and found it was pretty good, just a fuzz too close to the riser, so they centered it again (perfectly center with the laser now) and my vanes still hit the silent shelf. Anyone else having this issue? Any idea's? I tried cock feather down and it wasn't even close to clearing the rest.

Also, I found the Archery Talk video for quick tuning. video. I wanted to check my setup and found when sighted in at 10 yds I was hitting 6" low at 20 yds. I moved my loop down 2 full rotations and now 10 and 20 yds are the same. Does this sound right when my arrow, rest and loop were perfectly at 90% and now my loop is 2 rotations low? Any thoughts on this?

CRX 32 @ 68lbs 29" draw, and Easton 340 Axis FMJ with Blazer vanes...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
blazers are really high profile vanes, so if you want to stick with them, try turning the cock vane out, like a finger shooter. That will give you the most vane clearance against the riser. You could also switch to one of Bohnings lower profile vanes.
good luck

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've turned the nock in diff positions and in all positions it either hits the silent shelf or the rest.

·
Registered
697 Posts
First thing I would do would be to check to see if the arrow is running through the middle of the berger hole and is perpendicular to the nocking point. It almost sounds like your nocking point is a little low which will drive the back of the arrow down and cause some contact. You could also try and tune it like a blade rest, nock point 1/16 or 1/8 inch higher than perpendicular. That would give you some extra clearance. Not sure how much impact it will have on accuracy but it has to be better than bouncing the arrow off the shelf.
bear

·
Registered
565 Posts
i have the same problem with my crx32...I got the TL1 launcher and put that on, its the same as the stock launcher on the QAD's its just 1/8" taller. Then I set nock 2/8" high from level with the TL1 launcher...So far I havent had any hit the shelf. Mine were hitting the same spot yours were. I also shoot 3 inch feathers though. I wish the crx had a shelf similar to the elites. Try that and let me know if it helps, And I also have my center shot set at 12/16"

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I just started a thread with the same issue on my CRX 35... Didn't see this thread had already been started.

I have the TL1 launcher already on my QAD. I'm going to try sliding my rest over a bit closer to the riser and try that. If I can't get Quickspins to avoid contact, how the heck am I going to shoot Fobs?lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is the best way to check cam lean on the fuel cams? I was looking at my top cam and I thought it looked crooked.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
easiest way to explain would be to go to nuts and bolts of archery sticky and he has a whole section on tuning and yoke tuning that is where you will find the best and easiest answers to almost anything you can think of with tuning it is very detail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts