Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently Picked up a new CSS Encore bow. My question is for users of this bow: Did you find that your Encore is loud? I didnt have this problem w/my swampmaster. Then again I had an STS on it. Oh yeah, The Encore has the new hybrid cam system.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
css

contact, CSS Wi ProStaff ,seth the xslayer,they both shoot new cams

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I just picked up an Encore with P2 cams. So far I love it. Mines isnt loud but I have it decked out with their Ztunerz. I didn't like the draw curve on the new cams.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have the tunerz on it and love the draw on the hybrid cams. When I say loud I should clarify that its Not loud but does make a bit more thud than my swampmaster. This is w/out the STS. When I get an STS and install it I'm hoping the noise will go away. If not I will be looking for a new hunting bow.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
I have a lot of these CSS bows :) and i love them all .
But you are right , the sound of the Encore is different . Doesn't matter if the bow has the P1 , the P2 or the OS3 cams , compared to the other bows for me it always sounds like i'm shooting a rifle , but like a rifle with a silencer . :)
The bow isn't loud , its only different to usual sounds of a lot of other bows .

·
Registered
367 Posts
Encore

I don't have the OSIII on mine, P2, but I just put the string Tunerz on it and almost all noise was gone. My challengers were quiter than the Encore, so maybe it's just the design that makes it a little noisier. But by no means is it loud enough not to hunt with. Sometimes noise comes from not having it tuned just right. Maybe check everything to make sure nothing has slipped or moved?. Great shooter at any rate. Lots of great knowledge on here, sure you will get a better answer than mine. Give Chuck a call, might have the real info you need.

mt3dhunter

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The noise defenitaley is different than I'm use to. The bow couldnt be tuned any better. The noise should be taken care of w/the installation of a STS. I hope. I do like the way the bow shoots. What are you guys getting in speed(fps)?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ohio Bow said:
The noise defenitaley is different than I'm use to. The bow couldnt be tuned any better. The noise should be taken care of w/the installation of a STS. I hope. I do like the way the bow shoots. What are you guys getting in speed(fps)?
the Encore is our fastest bow. It shoots like a high power rifle. our speed Tunzers and the Tunzers take that sound out. The Swampmaster does not give the same Performance as the Encore. so it will have a different sound.
the STS will stop the string travel and most of the sound will leave.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
css

my 2004 encore with p-1 ,at 29"draw is shooting 255 with 379grn arrow with e-mods,what is a sst

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
css

i really like the encore.great hunting bow,shot two mich whitetails,and the largest turkey ever shot in michigan with a bow

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
bows

my nephew is using a sims dampner for his string,not the right name,but his new darton vapor bow is real quiet at 72lbs.i have a small t.r stabilizer on my bow and working well,my encore is quiet.

·
Banned
7,817 Posts
The bow is actually silent...Ask someone to stand next to you, and listen....I discovered the same thing. Though I was fooled into thinking the bow was loud at first, after analyzing the sound from another angle I found it to be only at the shot, at the shooter.

Haven't tried the STS on any bow but I believe it to be a good product.

I had the Encore set up at 57#, 350 grain arrow flying 270 fps.... :)

It just goes up from there...

Plus, the draw curve is more aggressive on the new cams like other high performance cam systems, such as Hoyt's Spiral cams and the Binary cams from Bowtech...

Can't wait for huntin' season! I'll be shooting some Axis through it and the deer....better look out! :)

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I'm looking for a set of draw modules for the P2 cams on my Encore. I currently have the R5 modules installed and would like to go an inch shorter or so. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My Swampmaster was set at 70# 458gr arrows and shooting 250fps Can't wait to get all the specs on this Encore. I'm a little surprised you getting 270fps Seth. Thats good to hear.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JRE, You can call Geauga Bow in NE Ohio (Middlefield) (440)834 8766. They are CSS dealers. Ask for Tom.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts