Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clarity has is benefits. This is not mine but a friends. And no its not photo-shop as you can see this is the real deal.
Anyone recognize it?
KO_32

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
thats one big snake.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
i see dinner and an appetizer

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I am sooooo glad there are no snakes where I hunt. Scary how they can blend into the ground like that, and you can just step on them!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Man! That is the kind of snake that makes people run into large trees.:eek: Just curious what state was that pic taken in? We have them big ole Timber rattlers here in MO., but never have seen one in the wild myself. That is one cool pic. Thanks for posting. Tony

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Where the heck was that picture taken?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Copperhead

Man,thats one hell of a Copperhead.Your buddy needs to keep his eyes open going to and from his stand early season.Good luck this year and be careful.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Pics like that are one more reason I'm glad to live in Illinois! :eek: I hate snakes! Awesome pic, thanks for sharing it man! Your buddy should seriously consider entering that pic in the Cuddeback Photo Contest! :cool:

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
That is a nice snake. I'm glad he is on your camera and not mine.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This picture was taken in carol county Mississippi in the hills. No its not a copperhead its a Timber Rattlesnake. There are unbelievable tales about rattlesnakes in the MS hills. Most of the hills is undeveloped land millions of acres of gullies woods thickets and water holes. Places you can't go and that's why these big snakes are found there.
This is just an average size snake in the MS hills.
Over 6 feet is not uncommon:eek: . There was one some years ago the snake was crossing a gravel road. Nobody Knows just how long it was but His head was into the woods on one side and his tail was yet to come out the other side.
Seriously! People who live and hunt here have a good pair of snake boots :laugh: Big deer are also found where people can't go.
KO_32

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
thats just freakin nasty. I'ld be carrying a 6' handle with a sharp blade at the other end. Any snake crosses my path is gonna be missing its head. especialy poisones ones.

·
Registered
782 Posts
lxshooter said:
thats just freakin nasty. I'ld be carrying a 6' handle with a sharp blade at the other end. Any snake crosses my path is gonna be missing its head. especialy poisones ones.
:amen: :amen: and :amen:

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
yep. that's a big one. but if you don't mess with him, he won't mess with you. just leave him be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts