Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Am About To Purchase A Few Scouting Cameras And I Cant Figure Out Which Road Is The Best One To Take. I Have Read Mixed Reviews Concerning The Leaf River Digital As Well As The Cuddeback. The Posts Here Dont Give Me A Conscise Answer To Which Camera Is Better. Can Anyone Out There Show Or Tell Me Which One Is Best

Thanks,

·
Registered
13 Posts
I started one of the threads between these two cameras because I was in the same situation having received a Leaf River for my B-day. I just shipped my Leaf River back and ordered a Cuddeback because I didn't like the trigger speed on the Leaf River. Basically, in my opinion, it (Leaf River) would perform well if shooting over a bait pile, or positioned on a trail that the deer would be walking head on to the camera. Broadsides or quartering to, and most if all of the animal, would be out of the frame by the time the picture was snapped. As far as features, ease of use and quality of the pictures was good. It does seem to be well made and view screen is helpful. If the trigger was quicker I would have kept it for certain. I am awaiting the Cuddeback and hope it perfroms as well as they say for the additional $100. I want to able to setup on trails and do not want to be restricted to total head on shots if a tree isn't available for that in the set up location.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Cameras

I am in the same boat also on these 2 cameras. I just looked at the new Leaf River Infared that is being released Friday. I talked to Vibrashine that makes the Leaf River and they told me they improved their trigger time from 5.5 seconds down to 3.5 seconds on the new Infared camera. They have an optional 4.1 mega pixel on the infared also. They claim they are getting 3,000 pictures on a set of batteries on the infared. I have a 35mm Leaf River that has worked great except the detection zone is very narrow for my liking. They have increased from a 2 beam detection zone to a 5 beam zone which I will like. Right now it looks like the Leaf River Infared model for me on Friday. Let us know how your Cuddeback works out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts