Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They were here in August, but they dissapeared :-( I was sooooooo pumped, but now I am so bummed. I do not know if they are in the area, or if they found a new place. Any advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Maybe you just havent been getting photos of them...I've seen a nice 10pt this late summer around where i hunt, but i guess he dont like to walk in front of cameras or something. I havent got a photo yet. :confused:

I hope i see him after season opens! :wink:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am guessing the deer have changed their feeding pattern. Find what they are feeding on at this time and Maybe you can get a shot at one of those nice bucks. The deer in my area will change their patterns and you won't see them for awhile when the acorns start to drop. Some of the bucks I won't see again till next year but then We will also get new bucks that move into the area later in the season they we have never seen before.

Hang in there you seem to have a good area. You'll connect.

Good luck and nice photos. :wink:

·
Registered
199 Posts
The deer on my land in Oklahoma have become much harder to pattern in the past few weeks.They haven't left but I'm convinced with the loss of daylight, the bigger bucks are going into their annual nocturnal phase. It's just a guess.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
jmphett said:
I am guessing the deer have changed their feeding pattern. Find what they are feeding on at this time and Maybe you can get a shot at one of those nice bucks. The deer in my area will change their patterns and you won't see them for awhile when the acorns start to drop. Some of the bucks I won't see again till next year but then We will also get new bucks that move into the area later in the season they we have never seen before.

Hang in there you seem to have a good area. You'll connect.

Good luck and nice photos. :wink:
I have to agree, here in ND sunflowers are now headed out, and I was scouting a new piece of property this past weekend, and when I got into an area where there were alot of oaks, I heard them were falling, and alot of them were already on the ground. I think those deer of your found something they want more, and when those are depleted, they will be back. As was said...hang in there, those bucks didn't forget where your spot is, they just changed theire patterns for a while. You'll most likely connect where your at, especially if the does are hanging aroud. Give it aabout 4 more weeks, and see if bucks aren't getting alittle more visable when they are starting to look for some of the does. They will be back :wink:
Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Steven said:
The deer on my land in Oklahoma have become much harder to pattern in the past few weeks.They haven't left but I'm convinced with the loss of daylight, the bigger bucks are going into there annual nocturnal phase. It's just a guess.
this could likely be part of the puzzle also.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey Greg. I have a couple of questions for you in regards to North Dakota deer hunting. Mind if I PM you with them?

Sorry to hijack your thread, hobbs.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
All of the above speculations are plausible. But do not rule out equipment failure. Trail cams only show what they took pictures of -- not what they missed.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Steven said:
Hey Greg. I have a couple of questions for you in regards to North Dakota deer hunting. Mind if I PM you with them?

Sorry to hijack your thread, hobbs.
You bet Steve, I will be up for alittle while yet

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
A little too much human exposure around the camera area could also alter feeding patterns.

·
are they chasing yet??
2,326 Posts
deer cam??

a guy told me he used to use deer cam's all of the time,but he said he noticed a pattern of getting a nice buck on film only once,he came to the conclusion that the human exposure and the flash and or sound of the camera ran the big boy somewhere else,i have no idea if this is what happens or not??? sort of makes sense. any one out there have multiply pictures of the same buck on film???

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
great advice

Thanks a lot for the great advice. Any of these things could be likely: too much human exposure, camera scaring them off, more food somewhere else causeing diff. feedinge patterns, and maybe even the camer not getting pics of it. Thanks a lot guys. Do ya think I should hunt that spot, or try to find where they went?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts