Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Eastern South Dakota and still have an archery tag for west river and was hoping someone who lives out in the hills can give me an update on what the conditions are like out there right now. Amount of snow, deer numbers, etc. I might try to make a trip out there this weekend and do some late season hunting before the season is done. I'm looking at the spearfish area in particular. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
look up trailshead lodge and see what they show. You could always call them. That area got whacked pretty hard on Oct 4th blizzard. Do not know how much of that snow melted.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
if you go south around custer, herds r real good, snow is melting down .. warm...50+ today and tomorrow....Thursday 5" snow in hills and cold 14 for a high.....should be a great weekend...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Temps have been around 50 last few days. Sounds like alittle snow and cold thurs and Friday. Then a slight warming trend over weekend. Foothills are very huntable as far as snow goes now. I will be out for sure!

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I shot my sd buck a few days after thanksgiving....110" 4x4.....had limited time this year. first nice buck that came in. ..I hunted just southwest spearfish. plenty of snow there yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts