Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a cushion button between my release and arrow, what do you guys think of these? I might switch to a D loop but it is to late this year (hunt is in 2 weeks).

I like it because my arrow easily stays on when I draw and left off.

I am plenty accurate shooting, and this bow is for hunting only.

What do you guys think about cushion buttons?

·
Registered
826 Posts
This is my opinion but I got rid of a D loop because it did not make a difference in my shooting I shot perfect scores with the buttons and perfect scores with the D loop I think there are negatives on both like the D loop breaking or turning on the string and with the buttons you have to keep an eye on them for when they wear out or have cracks in them,I think a D loop is just a fad like the single cam and mechanical heads. When single cams came out people were saying that two cam bows will be non existant and when the mechanical heads came out they said it will be the broadheads of the future so basically whatever works for you and your happy with it then go ahead and use it, so it is a matter of opinion with every archer on what they want to use.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
DonV said:
I use a cushion button between my release and arrow, what do you guys think of these? I might switch to a D loop but it is to late this year (hunt is in 2 weeks).

I like it because my arrow easily stays on when I draw and left off.

I am plenty accurate shooting, and this bow is for hunting only.

What do you guys think about cushion buttons?
Are you a finger shooter?

·
Muzzy Tech
729 Posts
If you are shooting a longer ATA bow and have no problems with the arrow coming off the string when you let down, then by all means keep using the buttons and clip on the string. However, if you are shooting a shorter ATA bow and have any problem at all with the arrow nock coming off the string at let down, then you definitely will benefit by using a D-loop. They shoot better and are easier to tune with shorter ATA bows and limit the wear on the serving from the release. Mark

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I shoot of the string with a cushion button. I tried a D-loop but went back to the string. I have no problem even with my Tribute.:)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I shoot a release, short but not real short bow.

I have used cushion buttons HARD and never had one wear out, I have 2 extras at the bottom of the string and put a new one on occasionaly just to be sure.

Keep the info coming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts